Fernie conditions

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows it looking down there wanna rip tommorow anyone know if theres active logging on the lodge pole?

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to go high to get above the rain crust. Anything that is lower is like a skating rink, but once you get above that it gets to be good.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode flathead last weekend lots of avy activity even just on some of the spots on the trails there were signs of some nasty layers. if you get up high enough it is quite nice the trees are nice especially in the harvey mount doupe area lots of big cornices hanging and this warm weather is gonna make them start dropping so use caution but I recomend the tight trees

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at possibly heading down to ride Fernie on Friday for a day trip from Calgary. Anyone lookinh for someone to ride with? Though looking at the forecast Golden may be the place to go.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
beaver mines were I live was +10 and raining castle ski hill yesterday was rain to pretty much the top. Avy conditions are on High more warming weather then it drops on sunday and snows again going to be very touchy out there.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at possibly heading down to ride Fernie on Friday for a day trip from Calgary. Anyone lookinh for someone to ride with? Though looking at the forecast Golden may be the place to go.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Looks like Golden has some cooler temps. Will be out there Sat & Sun if your looking for someone to ride with.

Jvl

Reaction score
It didn't rain at the very top corner of 29 mile and the staddle of Harvey but it was very heavy and not enough to cover old tracks from the weekend. And I'm sure today the rain was higher. Maybe Sunday will be better. The sisters might be high enough but things were moving and not to safe on or around steep slopes. But last time I was up there the gates slid in a bit. But no one had gone that way yet.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a local today, 8 degrees and pissing rain. SE bc is not having a good March so far...

Top Bottom