Everyone has an opinion !

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, not sure i agree with all this guys comments but i do believe there is some merit in some of it .
Copied off snowest ,

"Doo is arrogant they think there the bomb cause they sold lots of xm's and they don't think they need to do anything else look how lazy they have been! the etech is selling the sleds not the sled. xm is fine for older guys that wanna tour around and have good reliability. start jumping it and there goes your reliability tmotion brackets rip apart tunnel mounts crack and break. e an s mods fold and the new fancy t3 spindles too. Doo can't add anymore gimmicks the t motion was to get the 16" track to feel like a 15" the 35"-37" stance was to make up for the extremely low centre of gravity and its overly planted feel. the t3 finally raised the centre of gravity so maybe there starting to see the xp dna sucks its a stretched trail sled. doo took some weight out of the front of the sled making it even weaker, what they should have done was take the weight out of the back of the sled. that way there less weight behind the front end and it will suffer less damage on an impact foo did this backwards and thats also why they have such and extreme ridder forward position in an attempt to make the chassi handle ok the skid is a boat anchor and its weak the rails bend the tmotion rips off. if you want to jump it get ready to spend 3k on suspension and spare rails. all the loyal doo guys that bleed yellow are like " its fine its not broken don't fix it" sorry but for 15k i don't want fine i want amazing. doo better hope polaris hasn't figured out how to build an engine yet because if they have they are going to dominate all over again. too be honest id buy the new cat before a new doo. the cat is heavy but its also tough and reliable not just heavy reliable and weak. wake up doo or your gonna get owned"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Sounds like a grumpy old f&&@ that can't ride or jump. If your jumping properly you should be able to do it with toothpicks I know guys that send it huge all season with no rail issues. The rest of it is mumble jumble whining from someone who focuses on nitpicking rather than practising riding his snowmobile. People who talk like that about any brand likely couldn't even sidehill a bunny hill

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, not sure i agree with all this guys comments but i do believe there is some merit in some of it .
Copied off snowest ,

"Doo is arrogant they think there the bomb cause they sold lots of xm's and they don't think they need to do anything else look how lazy they have been! the etech is selling the sleds not the sled. xm is fine for older guys that wanna tour around and have good reliability. start jumping it and there goes your reliability tmotion brackets rip apart tunnel mounts crack and break. e an s mods fold and the new fancy t3 spindles too. Doo can't add anymore gimmicks the t motion was to get the 16" track to feel like a 15" the 35"-37" stance was to make up for the extremely low centre of gravity and its overly planted feel. the t3 finally raised the centre of gravity so maybe there starting to see the xp dna sucks its a stretched trail sled. doo took some weight out of the front of the sled making it even weaker, what they should have done was take the weight out of the back of the sled. that way there less weight behind the front end and it will suffer less damage on an impact foo did this backwards and thats also why they have such and extreme ridder forward position in an attempt to make the chassi handle ok the skid is a boat anchor and its weak the rails bend the tmotion rips off. if you want to jump it get ready to spend 3k on suspension and spare rails. all the loyal doo guys that bleed yellow are like " its fine its not broken don't fix it" sorry but for 15k i don't want fine i want amazing. doo better hope polaris hasn't figured out how to build an engine yet because if they have they are going to dominate all over again. too be honest id buy the new cat before a new doo. the cat is heavy but its also tough and reliable not just heavy reliable and weak. wake up doo or your gonna get owned"

If you were the author of that ramble I would say you are a ****ing idiot. Since you reposted it here you are by association.
At least that is my opinion.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426394292.468369.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a guy wanted to, he could slam every other brand the same way. They all have their issues and their perks.

I do agree and it's also my opinion that the Doo front end is weak and strong in the wrong areas and has been since the XP came out and I don't think I will buy another one until they do something about that. But to say the motor is the only good thing about it and only for old farts who don't push their machines is a bit of a stretch. Just looking at the parking lot at who is coming and going and on the hill, you see a lot more Doo than any other brand and not near as many Doo getting towed out so I guess there are either a lot of retarded people who don't know what a good sled is or lots of old farts who just cruise the meadows like Maxwell!

BTW I say this as a current ditch pickle owner and past owner of two Doo's. I have no brand loyality. I ride what works for me at that time.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another one, some of you guys will agree with this one way more. Lol

icon1.gif
its the riding geometry

Id ride a poo in a heart beat but is the riding geometry of the sled I just can't justify, I ride moto all summer for about 9 months and switching to a doo gives me the same feeling as my bikes, the polaris skis are to far in front of the sled giving it a really weird feeling to ride, the doo you stand over top of and is much easier to move around and is way more predictable, polaris has a good product and has really hit the mark with there power to weight ratio and compared to the doo they have them beat hands down in that aspect but the doo feels easier and much more predictable because of the geometry, so until polaris hits that mark its not going to matter that they have a 410 lb sled and doo is 450 or even 460, the doo will outsell the polaris hands down until they change there geometry, the poo is about 2500 dollars cheaper so there is now way that doo should outsell them, but they do, and the only thing I can see at this point is a 4 yr warranty, which poo can't provide because of there weight saving techniques and a 174 , 3 inch track that doo provides, other than that its a toss up besides how they ride,
Im not just shooting from the hip, Ive ridden both sleds for years and years and have now gone to timbersled so Ive ridden both plenty of times, thats just the facts, poos are garbage to ride compared to a doo, if I was going to go back to sledding id find a extra 2500 bucks to get a skidoo over a polaris, that being said Id wouldn't even buy a polaris even if it was 5000 cheaper.

Rate this post: |

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hes right about that steering. i mean look at all the other toys that steer like the polaris.....oh wait there is nothing. its like they built and designed the sled they wanted then forgot about the steering post and fabricated a bunch of linkages and BS to make it work. there is NO advantage to that steering system style. can you get "used" to it and make it go where you want? absolutely

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if if DOO is such a POS then explain why my 12' Xp is still going strong. It has taken a absolute, bonfide, Royal Azz whoopin and the only thing I ever broke was a steering post,twice.(mainly due to my being nearly 300 lbs fully geared up,and a 10" riser) NO engine issues, no nothing. I just fill it with gas and oil, ride the holy be jeepers out if it and take it home again,and I've been doing that for 4000 kms. It's a truly amazing piece of equipment.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been to Snowest, since ????????????

Is there a point to this thread, or should it be removed?

Top Bottom