"Mousetrapped" Lets Talk About It

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets be careful out there! These incidents are happing even to the highly skilled riders.
Dan Davidoff, Rene St Onge, Ken Block, and others. RIP.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan Davidoff died in an avalanche and Renes rolled on top of him in a creek i think.

And ken block started riding sleds when he was about 50 i think...

Correct me if im wrong.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Father time is undefeated, there is a reason you don't see guys winning super cross championships in thier 40s and 50s.

Sledding is kinda the same.

This is a young mans game.

If Caleb kesterke gets taken out by a mouse trap id be real surprised...

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good points Duke…

But the original posting was made by Climax… who I personally don’t know, but has acquaintances that do… I suspect he may have a little “experience” under his belt…. That experience typically tells a person when to let off a tiny bit, or turn out at the right time… but even he claims to have been bitten and close calls.

This is a good discussion.

I would really like to stress a few of the comments: like eyes on your buddies, one guy on the hill at a time, etc.

I see some dangerous trends with young riders… even though they’re very talented, they do things that may have high consequences. The attitude that it hasn’t happened yet is naive…

The space shuttle didn’t blow up… until it did…!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus its a dangerous sport. I know a bunch of people that died doing it.

Take up golf if youre looking for safe...

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
We had some younger guys riding with us on Friday on brand new 900R 's .
Awesome fellows, with great attitudes and building skills.

They were all about learning the jump overs and bowties ties seen on the videos...
Up until the one guys was "mouse trapped"....We got him out quickly...

We explained that it looks cool and may have a purpose, but he was doing these practice maneuvers that were very high up the hill, that would be difficult for others to get too.
We explained to him that if no-one could get to him in time it could be very bad situation.

The best part was, that they were very receptive of our thoughts and concerns.

They were still honing/advancing their skills throughout the day, but way lower on the mountain and when others were watching...

Awesome crew to ride with when everyone can be on the same page.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan Davidoff died in an avalanche and Renes rolled on top of him in a creek i think.

And ken block started riding sleds when he was about 50 i think...

Correct me if im wrong.
Correct. Dan got caught in little trail slide. Rene got planted in the ground under a sled unable to breathe. I can happen so fast. I remember at
Rene’s funeral the preacher said everybody has a life clock. God sometimes gets busy. . Not everyone’s clocks are wound fully. That line helped me understand at the time

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct. Dan got caught in little trail slide. Rene got planted in the ground under a sled unable to breathe. I can happen so fast. I remember at
Rene’s funeral the preacher said everybody has a life clock. God sometimes gets busy. . Not everyone’s clocks are wound fully. That line helped me understand at the time

Rene lived the life he wanted to live. Some people could live to 100 and not do as much living as he did.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets be careful out there! These incidents are happing even to the highly skilled riders.
Dan Davidoff, Rene St Onge, Ken Block, and others. RIP.
I feel like this is an insult to Davidoff and ST onge. Wasn’t their side hobby. Those boys could ride

Top Bottom