"Mousetrapped" Lets Talk About It

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought buddy was dead. glad he made it through that one!
Geez.....There is no reason to be doing that stuff in the backcountry. Does nobody think of the stress and pressure it puts on the rest of your group to help you and get you out if you seriously injure yourself by choosing to do these things in a place where medical help is not an option. Then if a heli and or S&R is required it's even more people involved. All due to someone making a bad choice; and nobody stepping in to tell them it's not a good idea. We have said for years as part of avalanche safety that travel routes and avy danger is a group decision and have encouraged that everyone in the group should voice a concern before exposing the whole group to a potentially bad situation. How does this not apply to every other aspect of your day in the backcountry?? I dunno; maybe I'm just to old and look at the risk/reward from a different point of view now.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez.....There is no reason to be doing that stuff in the backcountry. Does nobody think of the stress and pressure it puts on the rest of your group to help you and get you out if you seriously injure yourself by choosing to do these things in a place where medical help is not an option. Then if a heli and or S&R is required it's even more people involved. All due to someone making a bad choice; and nobody stepping in to tell them it's not a good idea. We have said for years as part of avalanche safety that travel routes and avy danger is a group decision and have encouraged that everyone in the group should voice a concern before exposing the whole group to a potentially bad situation. How does this not apply to every other aspect of your day in the backcountry?? I dunno; maybe I'm just to old and look at the risk/reward from a different point of view now.

I have a friend that had a failed backflip attempt filming for slednecks 20. Then slednecks went out of buisness and never ever realeased the footage lol

Broke his femur. We all new what we were going up there to do and the risks involved. Thats why we were with an experienced crew that new how to handle the situation.

Not Everyone goes up to do pow carves and cook hot pockets.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hope the guys who are going out and filming have a plan for the worst.
Deciding to flip on a casual ride wouldn't go over well with me.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that had a had failed backflip attempt filming for slednecks 20. Then slednecks went out of buisness and never ever realeased the footage lol

Broke his femur. We all new what we were going up there to do and the risks involved. Thats why we were with an experienced crew that new how to handle the situation.

Not Everyone goes up to do pow carves and cook hot pockets.
Exactly man. So you made a group decision. And to each their own. One of my son’s friends since he was 5 years old is out doing some jumps and filming. I know damn well they are sending it and hoping for the best. That’s the stuff that worries me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly man. So you made a group decision. And to each their own. One of my son’s friends since he was 5 years old is out doing some jumps and filming. I know damn well they are sending it and hoping for the best. That’s the stuff that worries me.

That is my favorite thing to do on a snowmobile is hit back country jumps.

Ive never tried a back flip, because im not getting paid and it seems too risky to me. But once you get it dialed it can be done over and over safely as well

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is my favorite thing to do on a snowmobile is hit back country jumps.

Ive never tried a back flip, because im not getting paid and it seems too riskt to me. But once you get it dialed it can be done over and over safely as well
Buddy of mine does backflips but they spent a lot of time practicing at his farm in a foam pit and ramp they build. All his buddies like Turcotte come and practice and get together.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hahaha…. As much as I agree with you… remember that 20 something year old minds work differently….

Every guy should wait until at least 30 before getting married and having kids.. that would also help in the risk/reward department….

I’m sure the filming guys are well prepared. Or at least everyone there understands that ch!t can go really bad. I’m amazed at what some people are willing to hit for a shot… that’s what sells!!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost pancaked!

Attachments

• 23D4B916-2C49-43F7-AFCB-5ECAA0C2D81D.png
    23D4B916-2C49-43F7-AFCB-5ECAA0C2D81D.png
    715.2 KB · Views: 187
Top Bottom