Boyle cops

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cop pulled me aside and was pretty pissed I didn't have mud flaps or fender flares. (I haven't been bothered for flaps and flares for the past year) and he gives me a ticket and says im lucky he's not seizing my truck. My tires stick out past my fenders maybe an inch at the most. He then says if he ever sees me again with no mud flaps or flares he's seizing my truck, so I told him wtf so on my way home Monday you'll seize my truck and enclosed trailer if you see me, and he said yes. So how in the heck am I supposed to get mudflaps and fender flares in Boyle, especially since I can't go anywhere apparently cause if he sees me he will seize my truck? Don't really see how he can seize my truck though since I'm pulling a trailer, any rocks kicked up are going right into the trailer so that's really just a giant rock catch. Any advice anyone? Will UPS deliver out to the middle of now where within 3 days? Lol

Sent from a iPhone

So your mad you got away without having mudflaps for over a year?

I have been driving without a licence for over a year and a cop just got me. Im pissed cause I got caught the other day. I know I have been in the wrong for a long time, but why do they have to do such a good job on a long weekend and ruin it for me?

And they can tow your whole rig away, you just pay for two tow trucks if needed.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the most beef with dump trucks that haul sand/dirt/gravel. Driving behind those things is like taking your vehicle to the sand blaster.

Those and car haulers.
Pretty much any truck in Alberta really. Too many lazy drivers that don't believe in sweeping off their decks and frame rails on their highboys. Worst is the guys that haul shacks and don't clean off the rails on them. Pisses me off.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your mad you got away without having mudflaps for over a year?

I have been driving without a licence for over a year and a cop just got me. Im pissed cause I got caught the other day. I know I have been in the wrong for a long time, but why do they have to do such a good job on a long weekend and ruin it for me?

And they can tow your whole rig away, you just pay for two tow trucks if needed.

Nah not mad about the 100$ ticket, just mad about mr super cop being being a dick.

Sent from a iPhone

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go in and talk to the staff Sargent have him go over the truck for you...end of problems.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a good one for you, my friends Dad got a ticket for not removing the trailer hitch from the back of a vehicle when not in use, anyone else ever hear of this?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey I have a good one for you, my friends Dad got a ticket for not removing the trailer hitch from the back of a vehicle when not in use, anyone else ever hear of this?
If it's obstructing the plate, yes he will get a ticket

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of hitch would cover the plate
the best I ever got was a fine for not removing the 7 to 4 pin adaptor it head a little blue led in it to let u know there was power even after I showed him where it sayed dot approved

but ya I got rear ended last fall and I got a fine for having a hitch in cause of the amount of damaged it causes he told me so I pointed out the best solution for that was not to run into the back of my truck

i get stoned most by the gravel haulers that gates don't shut right

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of hitch would cover the plate
the best I ever got was a fine for not removing the 7 to 4 pin adaptor it head a little blue led in it to let u know there was power even after I showed him where it sayed dot approved

but ya I got rear ended last fall and I got a fine for having a hitch in cause of the amount of damaged it causes he told me so I pointed out the best solution for that was not to run into the back of my truck

i get stoned most by the gravel haulers that gates don't shut right

Yeah No ****. I leave mine on for that porpose,, Hit my bumper and its going to leave a mark.
Its came in handy a few times...

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that i am getting a little older....wiser maybe not so much,but it sure is alot easier to just do things right the first time and not complain when doing it wrong bites a person in the **s.

Yes maybe the officer was being a Di..k,but if all was in check..... Have a nice weekend.

Not saying who was right or wrong but if we dont give a reason they dont have a reason and the bigger,harder problems would be focused on more. Hmmm now i make it sound like the officers are taking the easy road too!! Must be human Nature.

P.S. I pushed the limits on a lot of things and like the easy route also if i can. Still do!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the dude going to be waiting for Carrots today?

Any bets?
Unless he did or said something stupid to make the cop remember him he won't see him today. I'm sure the cop probably said the same thing to a dozen guys with various infractions on Friday.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys who got nailed for having their receiver hitch still in while not towing. As I understand it they claim its a hazard to the public. One example given was when your parked in a parking lot your receiver hitch sticks out beyond the end of your vehicle and is a hazard for the walking public.

Top Bottom