Boyle cops

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So while on the way to my cabin today to do a weekend of quadding, just past Boyle, I hit a check stop. Cop pulled me aside and was pretty pissed I didn't have mud flaps or fender flares. (I haven't been bothered for flaps and flares for the past year) and he gives me a ticket and says im lucky he's not seizing my truck. My tires stick out past my fenders maybe an inch at the most. He then says if he ever sees me again with no mud flaps or flares he's seizing my truck, so I told him wtf so on my way home Monday you'll seize my truck and enclosed trailer if you see me, and he said yes. So how in the heck am I supposed to get mudflaps and fender flares in Boyle, especially since I can't go anywhere apparently cause if he sees me he will seize my truck? Don't really see how he can seize my truck though since I'm pulling a trailer, any rocks kicked up are going right into the trailer so that's really just a giant rock catch. Any advice anyone? Will UPS deliver out to the middle of now where within 3 days? Lol

Sent from a iPhone

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your fawked Bugs. He will be there like death and taxes when you head home. Guaranteed!

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your fawked Bugs. He will be there like death and taxes when you head home. Guaranteed!

Yup I guess so. Lol I've been having chitty luck with cops this week, Tuesday got pulled over and found out the plate on the trailer i was towing got stolen, got a nice 150$ ticket for having my plate stolen.

Sent from a iPhone

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I guess so. Lol I've been having chitty luck with cops this week, Tuesday got pulled over and found out the plate on the trailer i was towing got stolen, got a nice 150$ ticket for having my plate stolen.

Sent from a iPhone
so your saying you never did a walk around check before you hit the road. Fine was for not paying attention, not for having your plate stolen.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your saying you never did a walk around check before you hit the road. Fine was for not paying attention, not for having your plate stolen.

No just assumed that no one had the balls to come into my fenced acreage yard to steal a plate off my trailer

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fashion some flaps out of cat tail leaves and fender flares from beer boxes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368851112.093602.jpg thanks for the idea bogger ill see if this is good enough for officer dbag lol

Sent from a iPhone

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And while he's bent over checkin it out kick him in the nuts.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Whether you guys are in Vale or now Boyle, the cops are out to get ya'. Just sort of sucks, eh!

I love Bogger's quick thinking but in all honesty, I would think that dbag cop would have more to doo than wait for you when you return from the cabin. I'd be like you and worry about all weekend just the same......:D

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And while they pick apart small little issues with a vehicle, the real criminals are getting away, makes me shake my head.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant stand guys with lifted trucks and no mudflaps of sum kind. No respect for other ppl on road. ( yes i have a 9" lifted truck WITH mudflaps) Rocks still bounce sideways and off front of trailer. Chances are he wont be there or see u on ur way home. Most likely a bluff to scare u. And those tires stick out alot more than a inch lol.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its lame on one hand and reasonable on the other. BUT there are a lot of non-lifted trucks and even cars on the road without mudflaps that pepper me too (in my lifted truck with flaps). Just took a while to find some flaps that I liked the look of. Worst case, u buy a set of rock tamers and they will work as flaps (I think. Maybe ask next time :p) And if your running anything wider than a 10.5 (so anything bigger than a 33) your going to need flares. But never mind the other cars on the road, I don't like beating the chit out of my own truck and trailer for having no flaps! I had poor flaps on my truck the first year i got it, and beat the chit out of it. So put it in the shop and paid the money for a good set of wide kickbacks, so im covered coming down the well and at the tire. just my 2c. Oh and love your custom flaps. thats awesome haha

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get more rock chips from minivans and suv's than I do from pick ups-with or without mudflaps.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get more rock chips from minivans and suv's than I do from pick ups-with or without mudflaps.

Yup, it seems like mud flaps really don't do much unless you have carpets hanging from your wheel well dragging on the pavement. I still get hit with rocks from vehicles with flaps.

Sent from a iPhone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the most beef with dump trucks that haul sand/dirt/gravel. Driving behind those things is like taking your vehicle to the sand blaster.

Top Bottom