Blue River Information Thread

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well our weekend was spectacular, lots of blue sky & deep, sorry I suck with pictures or videos, we will have to get the boys goin on that. Salmon was incredible & met the groomer on the way down sunday, thanks to Graham. Lots of fresh left & avy conditions were good on our 2 days riding, ride & play safe all & keep up the great work Blue River team, fatdday out!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the poor guy was just making an observation on the general condition of the trail. It didn't come across as a massive complaint to me like your suggesting. Personally, I like to hear about not only snow conditions but trail conditions too and find this info valuable. I don't know why we seem to jump all over guys on here when there is the slightest report (as long as its written in a 'matter of fact' tone) of a trail turning rough. Just sayin........

All I am saying is we dont always get the opportunity to be the first guy behind the groomer and have the premium trail. I ride enough that I get to hear people complain to the volunteers that there is a few bumps, and they refuse to pay etc... I have paid and had bumpy trails too, but at least they are not huge swells. Grooming is not a money maker, by any means, and I for one am just happy that there is some.

And I am a season pass holder who rarely rides weekends, so i almost never get the premium trail days.

Last edited:

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Un-tracked snow is still available for the taking, WITHIN-BOUNDARIES, not in Caribou Areas.\
Foam, Dan Ken Digger 037.jpg Foam, Dan Ken Digger 039.jpg

Jbiz

Reaction score
Looks good digger. Where was this taken? First ride of the year in blue starting monday for me, cant wait!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Pictures like those make everything worth it. Thanks fellas for all the opportunities!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone found a tether for a buddy's xm in the first parking lot (right beside the booth) at foam,salmon,groundhog last friday. He has a spare but would be stoked if somebody found this one ,thanks

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone found a tether for a buddy's xm in the first parking lot (right beside the booth) at foam,salmon,groundhog last friday. He has a spare but would be stoked if somebody found this one ,thanks

I will talk to Carol tomorrow morning to see if she found one or to have look around for you.

Brian_XM

Reaction score
Two of us from Martensville SK will be riding Blue River Mon-Thurs this upcoming week. We are experienced with the foam,salmon, big blue areas and curious at the moment about avalanche risks, generally we are clear of obvious risks and are avid tree riders. If anyone has some input that'd be great or if any others would like to meet up for a day as well, we will be grateful due to risks of small group in case of avalanche or other risks. We are fairly good experienced riders.

yamafam

Reaction score
Rode groundhog today and man the wind was howling. Anyone got directions for the holy grail heard its good there. Valemount is tapped.

jonw

Reaction score
Any fresh snow lately? Looks like might get some monday! Riding Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Unreal. Un fawking real. Please tell us which B and B this was as our crew who loves that area and buys memberships too would like to stage in their driveway or surround their business with our rigs. Seeing how they screwed all of us now.

HOLY SMOKE ......ARE You serious We have NEVER Screwed anybody ......

We do NOT Slam anybody on here ......Nice really Nice ALL I do is Promote Blue River THANK EVERYBODY FOR Their Support and We have tried to revive Our little Village and this is how You treat a Business that is trying to the Best We can .....

Robin & I started a Snowmobile Business here and Sold it ......Digger is doing aGraet Job !!

We also started the first B & B here in Blue River and We are trying to Our Best in building that Business also .....

We started with out many Years ago with bringing the Sledders to Blue River and continue to do so .....

Please Stop the Threts about surrounding Our Business that is really and Adult thing to do !!

Stop the Bullying and We used to work together it's just when outsiders make Rude remarks and they have NO Idea on what really happens behind the Scenes.....

I will take this as a Thret ......

We have done No Harm to anybody......I have NO Control on what Adults do I tell People the Rules I also tell them there is a Double Standered here when it comes to Compliance.

I will ill forward this Post on to the Moderaters and I REALLY HOPE THE THRETS WILL STOP !!

We are trying to make a living in a almost Ghost Town .....Oh Ya

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN BLUE RIVER !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Get a Grip .....

We have been fighting shoulder to Shoulder with Bill fighting for the last 15 Years why do You think I started a Snowmobile Business .....it was so we WOULD NOT LOSE ANY AREAS TO MW

WE still Comply with the booths there is No way around the Booths get a Grip We want the same thing You do .....We don't want to lose any Areas We would lose Our Business if they shut down Blue River do you REALLY think I want that ???

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Go to Blue Jewel Thread .....

there re is only Fun things to Read and Posts that are Not Slamming anybody or anybody's Business

there are only a Handfull of Business here Two I Started now what does that tell You ???

i want to see Blue River THRIVE TO SURVIVE !!

go to Blue Jewel for a nice way to start Your work Week ....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Purchase a Blue River Powder Packers membership if your planing to ride that area, COS (conservation officer service) have been patrolling and issuing tickets to non-compliant riders.

Memberships can be purchased at Glacier Inn Hotel, Blue River Sledz, or at the trail head info booths.

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

Due to snowmobilers staying at a local B&B last weekend, BRPPS has lost access to the REDSANDS STAGING AREA north of town. This group of riders attempted to jump the tracks 250 yards before the crossing to beat a train and avoid the BRPPS info/trail-head booth, one of the sleds had became stuck between the rails and the train had to make an emergency stop nearly hitting the trapped sled and rider.

BRPPS is in the process of trying to resolve the issue at this time.

NO PARKING AVAILABLE, North Side of Town

BIG THANKS going out to this group of individuals.

HOLY SMOKE .....DIGGER....

What does the B & B have to do with how some Guy ( idiot ) Rides ???

what Purpose does it Serve You to Slam and Blame the B&B ?? The Building did not Sled The Business did Not Sled there so REALLY what does the B & B have to do with it ???

I am Blown away that You of all people would Blame a Business ......would it have made a difference how the Idiot rides if He was staying somewhere else ?? ......I think NOT !

Thank You for the Slap in the Face after I say Only Nice things about your Business .....

I can only TELL PEOPLE THE RULES !! My Business has nothing to do with this ....

I would like a Apology please.....Hey when You brought over Our Plaque for Our Business Donating Money to the Blue River Powder Packers why didn't You bring Us a Membership Book then ? I asked You to please give us one and You said Yes No Problem .....I REALLY don't understand Why YOU would bring this to Snow & Mud UNREAL !
I didn't even know it was a Guest of Ours until Today ....SO WHAT it still has nothing to do with Our Business I was HORRIFIED when I found out that Today !!! But I have NOTHING to Apologize for I did NOTHING WRONG I DONT EVEN SLED !!
Why aren't the People at the Booths Selling them Memberships isn't that what they are getting Paid to do ??

i can't believe You would Blame Our Business UNREAL.....Next time maybe a phone call would Help Hey !

Top Bottom