big boost nytro on turbo/supercharger

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a survey, have always been intrigued by the fourstrokes. Any one run big boost nytros turbo/supercharged and any noticable difference between turbo and supercharger. 18-22 psi boost. How controllable are these nitros with that much boost and what hp can a guy expect.

Darko

Reaction score
Website
www.caseydarke.com
Superchargers get there arse handed to them by Turbo's.

Nytro motors steller to 19lbs, stock internals w/ head shim.

I dont know anyone running more lbs first hand, but if you cant climb it with 19lbs i doubt you'll do it at 22;)

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superchargers get there arse handed to them by Turbo's.

Nytro motors steller to 19lbs, stock internals w/ head shim.

I dont know anyone running more lbs first hand, but if you cant climb it with 19lbs i doubt you'll do it at 22;)

why do chargers get there arses handed to them by turbos, isn't 19lbs the same on either. and wouldn't a charger be intant boost with zero lag, need some sort of explanation here.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think, if it's like the auto world. Superchargers take power to make power were as turbos are more efficient as they use waste gas to make power. I think there would be a difference but not huge. I'm taking strictly from a auto stand point, I have no experience in the turbo/supercharger sled world.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arent most of the turbo kits changing their boost pressure as you go up in elevation? This would explain the "ass handing" they give superchargers that are running with a fix pully therefore same boost pressure at different altitudes.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run any boost at any elevation as long you have a big enough turbo. The turbo makes more power because the supercharger is driven off the crank and takes alot of power to run itself. The general rule of thumb is 15%. The turbo uses eghaust to run itself so therefore takes virtually no power. the SC will be around 15% less power than a turbo but this will vary with each machine a mods etc. The bonus with the SC is instant throttle response because it's driven off the crank, so no turbo lag{the turbo spooling up} The major draw back to the SC {other than less power} is that the boost is not adjustable so you can't turn it down. The turbo is adjustable and you can even get dual boost controls so you can have two different boost amounts at the flip of a switch. Also if you run race gas for the bigger boost and you can't find it for some reason or can't afford it for example, you can just dial down the boost and run pump fuel for the day, You don't have this option with a SC.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can run any boost at any elevation as long you have a big enough turbo. The turbo makes more power because the supercharger is driven off the crank and takes alot of power to run itself. The general rule of thumb is 15%. The turbo uses eghaust to run itself so therefore takes virtually no power. the SC will be around 15% less power than a turbo but this will vary with each machine a mods etc. The bonus with the SC is instant throttle response because it's driven off the crank, so no turbo lag{the turbo spooling up} The major draw back to the SC {other than less power} is that the boost is not adjustable so you can't turn it down. The turbo is adjustable and you can even get dual boost controls so you can have two different boost amounts at the flip of a switch. Also if you run race gas for the bigger boost and you can't find it for some reason or can't afford it for example, you can just dial down the boost and run pump fuel for the day, You don't have this option with a SC.
And turbo drive belts don't break at the worst possible moment like SC belts can.....

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For info sake Super charger boost levels can be adjusted, by changing pully size. Bigger pully less boost, Smaller pully more boost. Not as easy as most turbo boost adjustments.2 cents

Top Bottom