Ashamed to be a sledder today!

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the 1 ton diesel lifted with 37" tires, blacked out windows and 4" smoke augers. Didn't actually say they were from G.P.
Exactly. I didn't mean to suggest these idiots were from GP or that everyone from GP is a bad driver at all. It's just a quick and easy way to describe that sort of truck. All you gotta say is "Grande Prairie Package" and everyone knows exactly what you're talking about.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHould you sell sell you car/truck because there are idiots on the road? Should I sell my house because some home owners are jerks?

snowho

Reaction score
There is stupid people thus stupid drivers everywhere. It does not matter if you have the latest and greatest radar detector or convoys of the highest powered radios. When driving a vehicle on a road speed kills, and anyone else on the road. Any person that has spent time behind a steering wheel can probably share a stupid driver story, and I am sorry MuffinMan it could be about someone from Chetwynd that is driving a Prince George package (rusted and no insurance). If you want to stay safe sell all your toys, even the skies, stay at home and put on that tinfoil hat so the voices can't get into that closed mind.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you're saying got boost, I hate to paint everyone with the same brush but I can honestly say that 9 out of 10 times I see someone pulling a stunt like this they are driving a 1-ton with the full grande prairie package including a sled deck. Unfortunately it seems there is a direct correlation between patch or forestry workers and a complete disregard for highway safety (and I know they work in one of those two fields because they are the only guys who can afford to blow 90 grand on a truck). And if someone was indeed ahead of them on a two way perhaps the best thing to do would have been to tell them about the passing lane that was 2k up the road! Regardless, no way you should be taking a bend that fast when you are passing cars on an icy road.

Good post Muffin Man...Not only are sledders Idiots but everyone that drives a nice truck & works in the Oilpatch is too?? Your a Moron...Maybe get off the Muffins and get yourself one of those oilpatch jobs then you won't have to be sitting home envious of everyone that passes you in a nice vehicle.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I know what you're saying got boost, I hate to paint everyone with the same brush but I can honestly say that 9 out of 10 times I see someone pulling a stunt like this they are driving a 1-ton with the full grande prairie package including a sled deck. Unfortunately it seems there is a direct correlation between patch or forestry workers and a complete disregard for highway safety (and I know they work in one of those two fields because they are the only guys who can afford to blow 90 grand on a truck). And if someone was indeed ahead of them on a two way perhaps the best thing to do would have been to tell them about the passing lane that was 2k up the road! Regardless, no way you should be taking a bend that fast when you are passing cars on an icy road.

# 1.... Nice avatar !
# 2.... Somewhat of a stink 0 post...:eek:

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey muffinman , i think im gonna sell my truck and start taking public transit! to many dck heads on the roads passing people in trucks makes us all look bad!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate people who drink, makes me ashamed to have a beer.

MuffinMan- I think you may have a valid point of people that drive like a** holes but to pigion hole them because they are sledders or have a certain job or drive a certain truck will probably not make you any friends here.

Just saying

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like they had a lead dog radioing back that all was clear, scared some granola outa your shorts!!

the odds of them being organized enough to do this are pretty slim, the odds of them having little dick, big truck syndrome is much higher

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm aware that making statements like these are not going to make me a lot of friends here, but I felt it had to be said. It seems plenty of people agree with me and the others...well the truth hurts I guess. If my post immediately has you on the defensive maybe you should ask yourself why that is? My point wasn't to pigeon hole anybody; I hope to make some people understand that when you are driving anywhere with sleds on or even a sled deck, you are a representative of the sport of snowmobiling and your actions reflect on the sport, whether you like it or not. Yeah skiers and snowboarders or kayakers or mountain bikers and everyone else may drive like morons too, but they aren't the ones with a giant target on their backs already. Don't give a fawk? Gonna drive however you want to drive and if anyone has a problem with it, fawk 'em? Fine. Have fun when you're in jail for vehicular manslaughter and bubba and big John are testing the tensile strenght of your o-ring.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what if they were skiers driving that way? would you sell your skies to?
In this case and this form it is sleds and quads and his report is sledders not skiers. Dont matter there are idiot drivers in all sports.

Thunder101

Reaction score
As a sport you are correct we do have a TARGET on our backs , and half of the people that sled dont give a $HIT. fact of life. some do the work for everyone to enjoy and some just enjoy.
Drive safe if not for others for yourself. Driving a one ton and having a head on bc you hung your self out in a blind curve , maybe the other car is an econo model and they die and others on the rode pull over to call 911 and make a statement of what went down and yes vehicular manslaughter will be a slam dunk. NOT picking sides here .

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to give the idiots that pasted u any credit - do you think they were so stupid to pass you not knowing what was ahead of them -maybe they were in convoy - would they possibly had someone with 2 way radio that would have given them a indication of what was up ahead for traffic !

...................... and yes thats all I have to say!

Last edited:

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
The reason people drive like that because there are morons on the roads going 80 in a 100 mayb people should stop worrying about the people that can drive in the winter and think about all the people that don't no how to drive in the winter thats what causes accidents, people that own sleds have nothing to do with how people drive, most people that drive sleds can drive in the winter because they likely go every weekend, most people that ski once every month and never drive on the icy highways are the real danger, specially the idiots that hamer on there breaks every 30 feet if ur to scared to drive in the winter sit at home and play board games.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason people drive like that because there are morons on the roads going 80 in a 100 mayb people should stop worrying about the people that can drive in the winter and think about all the people that don't no how to drive in the winter thats what causes accidents, people that own sleds have nothing to do with how people drive, most people that drive sleds can drive in the winter because they likely go every weekend, most people that ski once every month and never drive on the icy highways are the real danger, specially the idiots that hamer on there breaks every 30 feet if ur to scared to drive in the winter sit at home and play board games.[/QUO

I agree totally

Drive the parkway on the way to Revi and tell me 2 planker wankers can drive. When there's snow on hwy93 the skiers are stuck all over the road. Leave the cars with the ass end sticking out and go have there day. I drive to Revi every weekend for 20 plus yrs and know the roads like the back of my hand. If you are white knuckled and doing 70 km with 4 ways on I'd rather a risky pass that last 4 seconds then follow some dumb ass who's not qualified to drive a go cart. Of course tires are everything. Drive smooth and steady with confidence. There's no place on the transcanada hwy1 for scared drivers with all season tires. Pisses me of when I see people pull to the pumps in Revi with ch!t tires. Since we r on the subject. The truckers are the worst part of my sled trips. Not sledders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom