Ashamed to be a sledder today!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What I see out there as I idle down the road as a professionally seasoned class 1 truck driver that's been in the oil patch for 27yrs is this...People are in such a dam hurry to be there yesterday it's retarded :( Two lane highways scare the hell out of me these days. They care about themselves and their agenda...period. Corners, double solid lines, on coming traffic and just plain 'ol common sense don't mean ch!t. Wether your on Hwy 97 west, QE 2 , or Highway 63 to Hell there's careless drivers around every corner. It's getting worse as every day goes by. So be carefull and cautious out there.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
The reason people drive like that because there are morons on the roads going 80 in a 100 mayb people should stop worrying about the people that can drive in the winter and think about all the people that don't no how to drive in the winter thats what causes accidents, people that own sleds have nothing to do with how people drive, most people that drive sleds can drive in the winter because they likely go every weekend, most people that ski once every month and never drive on the icy highways are the real danger, specially the idiots that hamer on there breaks every 30 feet if ur to scared to drive in the winter sit at home and play board games.[/QUODrive the parkway on the way to Revi and tell me 2 planker wankers can drive. When there's snow on hwy93 the skiers are stuck all over the road. Leave the cars with the ass end sticking out and go have there day. I drive to Revi every weekend for 20 plus yrs and know the roads like the back of my hand. If you are white knuckled and doing 70 km with 4 ways on I'd rather a risky pass that last 4 seconds then follow some dumb ass who's not qualified to drive a go cart. Of course tires are everything. Drive smooth and steady with confidence. There's no place on the transcanada hwy1 for scared drivers with all season tires. Pisses me of when I see people pull to the pumps in Revi with ch!t tires. Since we r on the subject. The truckers are the worst part of my sled trips. Not sledders.

Some truckers are complete a holes. Get a 2 way and use LAD 1, it sure helps to express your opinions on the bad ones. As for guys passing on a blind corner that is plain stupid even running a radio in a convey but to generalize out sledders and oil patch workers is just plain ignorant. I just came home yesterday from Revy and the only wreck I saw was what appeared to be an SUV carrying some skiers. Flipped over on a staright stretch of the 2 lane east of Louise. Sickening how poor those skiers drive and put sledders at risk as we try to pass them.

jtilley

Reaction score
Got to agree on this one! So many Fawking idiots out there , from speeders to ppl who think taking a honda civic to the mountains is a good idea. I travel that Hwy alot and seen some crazt sh&t .But i hate ppl on a good day and leave the the wreckless driving to trails and slopes on the sled.
P.S i hope they didnt have there fog lights on!!!! oh I kill me!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry MuffinMan, you won't change their opinions. Just nod and smile and try to be the nice sledder that people know exist, guys like that are everywhere around here and the attitudes to match, too much $$$$ and not enough brains. I see the same thing as others though, skiers are just as crappy drivers, come south of Cowtown any given weekend, Highway 22 is a death road with people migrating to Fernie to ski. All you can do is hope that if they take a life its only their own and not some innocent childs or a family. Most of these people who drive like fawkwads will drive like total douche's on the road to and from the hill but when they get to the staging area, they won't ride with someone who doesn't have their AST 1 course though. Same with skiers, drive like total pricks but then have to put a helmet on to go skiing......go figure..........

As for the comments about the colour of plates.......well I'm from BC and out here enjoying the work like many others so the people you are critizing just might be former BC residents who learned to drive there.....where do you think they are all going when they are mass migrating through the area? Probably heading home..... Grew up in BC and spend lots of time on the roads there each winter with family etc. I don't drive a big lifted truck but I do have red and whites but don't be so quick to judge my driving ability because of their colour. I have great tires, best $$$ can buy, fully siped and probably drive better than most complacent BC folks who think because they live there that their vehicle somehow will stay on the road better with their 3 season old Canadian Tire special "winters" and some unsecured sand bag missiles in the box of the truck. I was back on Nov 19 and then again on Dec 20, roads were terrible both times and only plates I saw in the ditch were blue and whites.....go figure.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just on good old highway 9 in the flats of Alberta with my semi and trailers. I got passed going up hill (i was empty doing 105 the whole time) and around blind corner. It was an ordinary everyday mid 90's pickup. Saying that idiot drivers are from a certain place or drive certain vehicle's is dumbtarded. It happens everywhere, no matter what they are driving.

And before someone says it was probably a young punk driving the truck, it wasn't. It was a middle aged woman.

sent from a phone

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst are Big rig drivers,no consideration for any one on the highway they really belive they are invincable.Total white out conditions and these guys are still flying,when they pass you from behind they white your vehical out so bad you have to just about stop,when the roads are sanded they drive right down the center line throwing as much sand rocks and ch!t at your vehical as they possibly can,great for eveyones personal vehicals,they do not slow down and drive to road conditions at all.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst are Big rig drivers,no consideration for any one on the highway they really belive they are invincable.Total white out conditions and these guys are still flying,when they pass you from behind they white your vehical out so bad you have to just about stop,when the roads are sanded they drive right down the center line throwing as much sand rocks and ch!t at your vehical as they possibly can,great for eveyones personal vehicals,they do not slow down and drive to road conditions at all.
This thread is awesome!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last vehicle I saw on the side of highway 3 was a plow truck last Tuesday.

You bet your ass this isn't relevant.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To sum up 6 pages of posts: if a guy drives slower than you he is an imbecile, if a guy drives faster than you he's an idiot... and guys who can't spell properly or form a sentence should not have a right to an opinion.

Best post in the thread!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To sum up 6 pages of posts: if a guy drives slower than you he is an imbecile, if a guy drives faster than you he's an idiot... and guys who can't spell properly or form a sentence should not have a right to an opinion.
U again u must be a english teacher HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know i have cut it close a few times before while passing poeple. but not anymore, not so much because im afraid for my safety but more so for others safety and mostly im to dam cheap to risk wrecking my truck, sled, or quad in an accident. and with fuel prices, going that fast all the time wastes fuel. so if going the speed limit means saving fuel in the truck and more fuel for the toys, im all for it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know i have cut it close a few times before while passing poeple. but not anymore, not so much because im afraid for my safety but more so for others safety and mostly im to dam cheap to risk wrecking my truck, sled, or quad in an accident. and with fuel prices, going that fast all the time wastes fuel. so if going the speed limit means saving fuel in the truck and more fuel for the toys, im all for it.

Anytime I driving truck and someone cuts it close, I just smile and wave at them. It's hilarious the reactions you get from the retards! Probably because they know how 25 tons hitting them at 100 would end up......

Try it sometime, it's great!

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U again u must be a english teacher HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No most likely just someone who doesn't want a headache trying to figure out a post. Simple mistakes are fine but not using paragraphs and crap is annoying as hell.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's today's story. I had plans for a sled ride with the wife but when she woke up sick this morning I had to find something else to do today. Since I had no one to sled with I figured I would be safe and take in a half day of skiing at powder king instead. The day went great until I left the mountain and started to drive home. I was in the middle of a small vehicle convoy driving back and a short ways from the hill I noticed a truck with a loaded sled deck pulling out to pass the guy behind me. I thought to myself that this guy had better hurry up since there's a blind right hand turn coming up. I was horrified when, rather than pull in behind me, this guy stays on it and flys around me on the outside of the blind turn, doing at least a buck-40 on an icy mountain road (for the record the entire convoy I was in was already doing 5 over the limit). I was even more dumbfounded when this idiot remained in the wrong lane passing two more cars ahead of me on the outside of this turn. To cap it all off, his buddies behind him driving a pair of one-tons pulling enclosed trailers also blew by the entire group on the outside! All I can say is these guys were incredibly lucky that no one was coming the other way...at the speed they were moving there would have been no chance of avoiding a head on.Crap like this makes me want to sell my sled and go back to skiing full time so I don't get lumped in with morons like this. I don't care how good a driver you are or how good your tires are or whatever, driving like that shows nothing but a complete lack of respect for the rules of the road and the safety of those around you. Driving a one ton with studded tires does not give you license to drive like a complete retard! If you are one of the idiots that pulls this kind of chit...STOP !!! You are giving the entire sport a black eye and it's only a matter of time until you get somebody killed. Use your fawking head!!
..i say fugg it..sell everything and take up bingo...oh wait maybe they were on the way to bingo...oh well sounds like life to me..LIVE WITH IT!

Top Bottom