Ashamed to be a sledder today!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of all the guys driving jacked up diesels like a-holes! Not only is it dangerous but I drive a jacked up diesel and I drive responsibly and to weather conditions whether I'm daily driving in the city, on hwy 63 to work or fully loaded with sleds and trailer on my way to the mountains for a weekend of fun. I don't like being lumped in with those other idiots. Oh and the reason I have a 10" lift is because I actually off-road the thing. Its got about a dozen dents in it and all the paint is scratched to sh!t.

Duramax rulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To sum up 6 pages of posts: if a guy drives slower than you he is an imbecile, if a guy drives faster than you he's an idiot....
And guys who can't keep a steady speed should not be allowed to drive (especially those who speed up in passing lanes)Edit: to show that irregular speed demons are worse than bad spellers

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And guys who can't keep a steady speed should not be allowed to drive (especially those who speed up in passing lanes)Edit: to show that irregular speed demons are worse than bad spellers

I loves toh do thut. It's evn mulre fon whens its icy adn you slame the breaks whne youg gut a big truik rught behnid you

Sent from a iPhone

Last edited:

Dragin

Reaction score
I'm aware that making statements like these are not going to make me a lot of friends here, but I felt it had to be said. It seems plenty of people agree with me and the others...well the truth hurts I guess. If my post immediately has you on the defensive maybe you should ask yourself why that is? My point wasn't to pigeon hole anybody; I hope to make some people understand that when you are driving anywhere with sleds on or even a sled deck, you are a representative of the sport of snowmobiling and your actions reflect on the sport, whether you like it or not. Yeah skiers and snowboarders or kayakers or mountain bikers and everyone else may drive like morons too, but they aren't the ones with a giant target on their backs already. Don't give a fawk? Gonna drive however you want to drive and if anyone has a problem with it, fawk 'em? Fine. Have fun when you're in jail for vehicular manslaughter and bubba and big John are testing the tensile strenght of your o-ring.

Not everyone with a sled deck has a sled. Surveyors and seismic crews run decks on lots of their trucks and I've seen them drive like azzhats. It all comes from hiring any retard with a pulse you have to hire 20 to get one good one.

Dragin

Reaction score
Anytime I driving truck and someone cuts it close, I just smile and wave at them. It's hilarious the reactions you get from the retards! Probably because they know how 25 tons hitting them at 100 would end up......

Try it sometime, it's great!

Ever had someone with road rage flip you off? I just smile and wave the reaction and look on their face is priceless!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's today's story. I had plans for a sled ride with the wife but when she woke up sick this morning I had to find something else to do today. Since I had no one to sled with I figured I would be safe and take in a half day of skiing at powder king instead. The day went great until I left the mountain and started to drive home. I was in the middle of a small vehicle convoy driving back and a short ways from the hill I noticed a truck with a loaded sled deck pulling out to pass the guy behind me. I thought to myself that this guy had better hurry up since there's a blind right hand turn coming up. I was horrified when, rather than pull in behind me, this guy stays on it and flys around me on the outside of the blind turn, doing at least a buck-40 on an icy mountain road (for the record the entire convoy I was in was already doing 5 over the limit). I was even more dumbfounded when this idiot remained in the wrong lane passing two more cars ahead of me on the outside of this turn. To cap it all off, his buddies behind him driving a pair of one-tons pulling enclosed trailers also blew by the entire group on the outside! All I can say is these guys were incredibly lucky that no one was coming the other way...at the speed they were moving there would have been no chance of avoiding a head on.Crap like this makes me want to sell my sled and go back to skiing full time so I don't get lumped in with morons like this. I don't care how good a driver you are or how good your tires are or whatever, driving like that shows nothing but a complete lack of respect for the rules of the road and the safety of those around you. Driving a one ton with studded tires does not give you license to drive like a complete retard! If you are one of the idiots that pulls this kind of chit...STOP !!! You are giving the entire sport a black eye and it's only a matter of time until you get somebody killed. Use your fawking head!!

You make a good point.... there are alot of idiots out there that think that because they drive a 500 plus hp deisel they own the road.... I get it. I Have a Duramax with the programmer and the rest.... blaw blaw blaw.... and I drive like a granny, trailer or not. I hear what you are saying.... I have been pissed at these guys (as rare as they are) that fly down the hiway like retards, tailgate every body in there way cause they own the Road! However..... You never seem to see them in the ditch! It's always the the City drivers that never get out much that end up in the ditch... something to think about? The guys with the trucks and trailers are the ones who drive the roads a lot and are good at it... most of the time. I would feel safer with these dudes then with the city skiier dude doing 110 after a long day on the hills??

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of all the guys driving jacked up diesels like a-holes! Not only is it dangerous but I drive a jacked up diesel and I drive responsibly and to weather conditions whether I'm daily driving in the city, on hwy 63 to work or fully loaded with sleds and trailer on my way to the mountains for a weekend of fun. I don't like being lumped in with those other idiots. Oh and the reason I have a 10" lift is because I actually off-road the thing. Its got about a dozen dents in it and all the paint is scratched to sh!t.

Well i think you should sell it all bro!!!

Top Bottom