500 mile review of Polaris matryx slash 165

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddies boost just arrived before last weekend. 300km and the fuel pump crapped out. Dealer said maybe April for replacement? sounds pretty excessive for a fuel pump.
that sounds like a shitty dealer. realistically there is nothing special about a fuel pump, dealer should goto a store and find a match in the interm and then switch out when the OE product arrives.

gets 3-4 rides and now is done for the season.... wow!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
step back from the cliff... it was a joke man. In all honesty, I really wanted to see this thing not be a bag of ch!t as its got some cool tech and is going to be a weapon... its just classic Polaris. imagine the boys who just go their sleds or dont have them yet... and they can't ride them... good thing the review videos are all done and this wont get blown out on social media too crazy....

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you look back at my post lately... I have been paying a lot of attention to these things... my 19 freeride is getting old but I'm standoffish

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a shitty dealer. realistically there is nothing special about a fuel pump, dealer should goto a store and find a match in the interm and then switch out when the OE product arrives.

gets 3-4 rides and now is done for the season.... wow!
We were buying lift pumps from NAPA back in 2005 to replace the faulty BRP ones on the RT 1000’s and problem solved. What a PITA to change those as they were under the engine

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you look back at my post lately... I have been paying a lot of attention to these things... my 19 freeride is getting old but I'm standoffish
Smart decision, I ride Polaris and know how to keep them running well and I too stood back for a season to let them deal with gremlins. All manufacturers have first year model problems.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are getting carried away a little with this throttle block FUD. The TSS (throttle safety switch) is an absolute pile of garbage that shouldn't exist if you have a tether. Many people are intentionally disabling this useless sensor. If the throttle is kinked so bad it binds in a warm garage then obviously replace it and ride. If it's not then get yourself a nice little container of lock deicer and stuff it in your glovebox. The exact second you feel any resistance on the throttle cable from ice build up stop IMMEDIATELY and apply lock deicer (not when you get to the next spot, not in a couple minutes, right now!) If you want to take it a step further get the skinz throttle block as it works much better. Winter is too short.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are getting carried away a little with this throttle block FUD. The TSS (throttle safety switch) is an absolute pile of garbage that shouldn't exist if you have a tether. Many people are intentionally disabling this useless sensor. If the throttle is kinked so bad it binds in a warm garage then obviously replace it and ride. If it's not then get yourself a nice little container of lock deicer and stuff it in your glovebox. The exact second you feel any resistance on the throttle cable from ice build up stop IMMEDIATELY and apply lock deicer (not when you get to the next spot, not in a couple minutes, right now!) If you want to take it a step further get the skinz throttle block as it works much better. Winter is too short.
I was going to put a Munster finger throttle on anyway which should help fix issue and it has thr TSS bypass.

The fuel pump is concerning, the rest is minor.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were buying lift pumps from NAPA back in 2005 to replace the faulty BRP ones on the RT 1000’s and problem solved. What a PITA to change those as they were under the engine
I don't think its that easy with these things. I'm sure that if there was an off the shelf solution, it would be happening.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 525 should do the trick
1643307134312.png

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw the bulletin from polaris about fuel pump issues and there's 3 things they're saying that are causing the problems.
one is a missing white retainer ring on the regulator and/or a damaged or missing o-ring
second is an improperly routed fuel line from the jet pump to the reservoir
third is the fuel pump connector is not properly seated because of excess copper wire after the crimp
seems fixing these issues wouldn't require a new pump and could get a fella back on the snow.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, found a new item for my riser bag! Thanks man!

bcsnowdog1

Reaction score
Received second email from Polaris concerning throttle cable and TSS. Just need to take in have cable inspected and check throttle safety switch . Some cables were bent when installed at the factory mine looks good.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this recall for most 22 850s I just picked my sled up and heard nothing from my dealer?

Top Bottom