500 mile review of Polaris matryx slash 165

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think almost all of the ones I’ve looked at are. They’re gonna have to give me a new pipe and bumper under warranty.

I put a piece of cardboard on my last trip when I caught it. Going to make a rubber stopper so it doesn’t run anymore

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, wait till January for your new whip only to be told you cant ride because of defective throttle switch.

hell of a way to spend +20k on a vehicle with 5 month season for most average riders...

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, wait till January for your new whip only to be told you cant ride because of defective throttle switch.

hell of a way to spend +20k on a vehicle with 5 month season for most average riders...

Most of us take that switch out and tape it up under the hood. Just use a tether. The Polaris throttle has had freezing problems forever. Lock deicer and as soon as you feel the cable start to get sticky stop immediately and use it. Skinz makes a throttle block that is more open and works a lot better than stock.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of us take that switch out and tape it up under the hood. Just use a tether. The Polaris throttle has had freezing problems forever. Lock deicer and as soon as you feel the cable start to get sticky stop immediately and use it. Skinz makes a throttle block that is more open and works a lot better than stock.
I’m sure if they are smart they are ramping up now as it may take awhile for Polaris to get it sorted it. There is a lot to recognizing a problem, analyzing it, finding a solution, test it and then build a fix and get it to dealers. Smaller companies can react faster than the manufacturer can

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure if they are smart they are ramping up now as it may take awhile for Polaris to get it sorted it. There is a lot to recognizing a problem, analyzing it, finding a solution, test it and then build a fix and get it to dealers. Smaller companies can react faster than the manufacturer can
That's probably why they issued the stop usage. It gets rid of their liability. They are probably in trouble, I bet they thought the new block would solve it and made it worse. Throttle icing has been a problem for them for a long time. I put a heated block on my 13 and finger throttle on both my 17 and 20. One thing I think it could be that they don't cork the grip heaters and the bar warms up and melts the snow into the block. On the older ones the thumb warmer is not separate control from the hands and you can't turn just it off in deep snow adding more water to the situation.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad this has been brought to the attention of Polaris. It is time to come out with a new throttle block. Such a stupid thing to still be dealing with on the new Matryx. They should have just left the old brake and put the money into the throttle block re-design.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad this has been brought to the attention of Polaris. It is time to come out with a new throttle block. Such a stupid thing to still be dealing with on the new Matryx. They should have just left the old brake and put the money into the throttle block re-design.
Lol. You hit the nail on the head. I have had way more throttle issues than brake issues. I always thought the Poo steel reservoir was the best one from factory. Now people have to buy the steel cover for the poo too.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddies boost just arrived before last weekend. 300km and the fuel pump crapped out. Dealer said maybe April for replacement? sounds pretty excessive for a fuel pump.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The recall is for a possibly kinked throttle cable, nothing to do with the throttle block

Top Bottom