2014 rear axle

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup just checked my 13 left hand side was loose so I pulled them both off blue lock tighted them and torqued them back up! Check this out boys !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On dootalk it's been happening alot

Guess the shift isn't being jammed tight, and thus the bolts back off...

A few have put a washer between the axle shift and rails, just like the rear pivot arm has

sent while I should be drinking tea's

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this very thing happen Sunday in Morning Glory. Dude had 100 KM on his sled...had to sit around while all his buddies were shredding the pow..

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
We noticed this last year when we got our new xm's and our buddy from Revy carries a spare block and bolt just in case.
The subject came up a few weeks ago and we thought it would be nice to find a washer that we could tap over the bolt and then tap over the block to prevent the bolt from backing out.
Similiar to a keeper washer on a prop nut.
I am gonna try a larger washer and cut slots with a hacksaw to enable it to be bent. ( Just a trial thing)
If you understand what I am talking about and can source such a washer, please let me know where to find one.
I have added loctite after my track adjustment this year and have been checking the bolts periodically with no problems.
The keeper washer just adds some piece of mind.

Last edited:

duggyb

Reaction score
****Quoted from Dootalk****

skidoox, on 06 Jan 2014 - 6:06 PM, said:Ski doo knows that they have a problem and it should be covered under warranty

The new washers are flat so there is no concave or convex side to them when new.
Once installed and tightened they deform to give pre load to the bolt.

It has been suggested increasing the toqrue to 60 nm/m rather than 48 if loosening persists.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We noticed this last year when we got our new xm's and our buddy from Revy carries a spare block and bolt just in case.
The subject came up a few weeks ago and we thought it would be nice to find a washer that we could tap over the bolt and then tap over the block to prevent the bolt from backing out.
Similiar to a keeper washer on a prop nut.
I am gonna try a larger washer and cut slots with a hacksaw to enable it to be bent. ( Just a trial thing)
If you understand what I am talking about and can source such a washer, please let me know where to find one.
I have added loctite after my track adjustment this year and have been checking the bolts periodically with no problems.
The keeper washer just adds some piece of mind.

I was thinking of the same thing when I get time I am going to fab something up.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have all the parts for the rear axel in stock in Valemount should yours explode. 350$ and some beer. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Grizzwald

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, fellas. Will be checking mine before the weekend ride. Just to clarify are the torque spec units nm or ft-lb?

Hydro

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that the manual said "ft-lbs". 45 ft-lbs is about 61 N.m.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My wifes fell out on her third ride. I found all the peices but the bolt and the aluminum sider. Stole a bolt from another machine to get back to cabin. Sled is now at dealers and skidoo has issued a bulletin. There is a washer they need to replace. If you are riding before getting the fix I would recomend checking this bolt through out the day. If you lose the axle it could make getting the sled out a real challenge.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why in the hell does brp put 2 flat washers on the bolt? And why do they machine that aluminum bolt out so the washer doesn't tighten up against the hole block? I took out the flat washers and put a grade 8 lock washer on with some blue lock tight! Bet I won't have any issues now!

Top Bottom