2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
Last edited:

Maxwe

Reaction score
The guys at our Elkford branch-ElkValley were speaking to the scary amount and size of avalanches on the weekend as per the above link from BCskier.

Maxwe

Reaction score
We were at Clearwater on Sunday and Monday and there was avy in the treeline.
I dont know the area all that well but one of those deals where you looked at and would think it was safe as heck.

Last edited:

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the terrain like at Millage/Cappel as far as avalanche danger? Looking to just find deep powder but not into hill climbing in these conditions. And would like to NOT be in avy danger on the trail in or out either. Is this possible in that area or is it a higher risk area? Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the terrain like at Millage/Cappel as far as avalanche danger? Looking to just find deep powder but not into hill climbing in these conditions. And would like to NOT be in avy danger on the trail in or out either. Is this possible in that area or is it a higher risk area? Thanks

It has both. No real danger in the trail. Alpine is mostly meadows and lakes but there are a few large faces to stay awAy from. Really only 2 hills that are very noticeable to stay off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, i actually rode there 15 years ago ( a d have video of it) lol but it was my second time to the mountains and the place that got me hooked on sledding in the mountains. We were with a guy that had lived there before so we went in one way n came out another. I know the hills you're talking about i think.
Also is that area accessable in the summer on quads or is that a nono? Just wrote big reply n it say's my message is too short???? Lol

Jonny800

Reaction score
Planning on heading to Valemount tomorrow morning, going to go to Allen Creek just wondering if anyone has been up there today and what the Avalanche conditions are like, hearing alot of different things online.

Top Bottom