2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy frac ppl wake up ... glad he was ok but come on we all know the snow pack is unstable why in the hell would ya play on an open step face like that !!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya...at one point today i did a carve and ended up choking really hard on snow i had to stop and pull my helmet off and clear er out LOL..

got some sick videos on the way.
there should be a Jealous button right beside the like, love and recommend buttons, I would totally click that button! Its gonna be a long shift but then its Brapppin time!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up avalanche alley in Allan creek came down yesterday. Not the whole thing thankfully. Barried 3 guys but all were ok and got out. They were not climbing but merely passing through and it sideswiped 3 of the 5 riders. Remotely triggered. Space your selves out that's scary stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got a youtube account. I have lots of fun videos to edit and post. Here is a quick one from Fingers at Blue River. Lots of Deep snow!!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another Avy slide story , I took my grandson ( 6 years old) for a ride today just on a fire service road no big deal and a cut block let go covering the road ( I didn't even notice is slide but my son was about 600 yards behind and all he came across was my track disappearing into the slide zone) and I was just trail riding. At this point we headed for home very carefully . THIS IS HOW UNSTABLE THE SNOW IS. and yes even my grandson was wearing a beacon .

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another Avy slide story , I took my grandson ( 6 years old) for a ride today just on a fire service road no big deal and a cut block let go covering the road ( I didn't even notice is slide but my son was about 600 yards behind and all he came across was my track disappearing into the slide zone) and I was just trail riding. At this point we headed for home very carefully . THIS IS HOW UNSTABLE THE SNOW IS. and yes even my grandson was wearing a beacon .

Yikes Terry, glad it turned out ok. Careful out there.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Epic day at Allen, should of brought my scuba gear lol. Even got a couple hours of sun. Some people need to make some better choices though holy. came over the hill when these guys were digging out a sled, apparently the one guy was buried but got dug out fine.

Upper avy alley? Usually people stay away from this even on a good day? Glad everyone was ok.

Id love this photo and any others u may have from this incident for my courses. If u dont mind, would you email me full res versions to the address in my sig line? Would be super appreciated

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were a few slides and debris fields in avy alley at Clemina as well, including one that was across some fairly fresh tracks. Even a few small slab slides on the small faces along the trail up. Other than an hour or so at the mouth of the end of the trail just south of Goat Ridge, we spent 3 days in the meadows and not once were disappointed. DEEP snow everywhere we went.

And here's my Pro doing it's best impression of an XM :p

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its HARFING out again! Gonna be another super deep day tomorrow. Im leaving for a week in the am...please folks, ride safe over the next while. Avalanches dont often just happen, we make them happen. Its all related to the terrain we choose to ride.

The snow is sick, so just enjoy it safely. The snow is so good, there is no reason to expose yourself to avalanche terrain over the next while.

Keep it smart and simple and Ill see you all in a week. Please put in a carve or two for me...

Adios amigos!:wave:

Last edited:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was the longest wiggle n keeper pinned move i've ever seen,, awesome ,, cant believe u didnt get stuck..

JDen

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, but if anyone happens to be going into oasis and wouldn't mind dusting off my sled so the chopper can have a chance of finding it whenever they can fly it would be much appreciated. I'll send coordinates as to where it is if anyone's going. It's been in there since Saturday so I'm sure ifs 6 feet under by now. Thanks. Jason

Top Bottom