Vancouver riots

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Utter BS!!!

If you think for one second it was Canuck fans that did this you're terribly wrong. These scumbags were there to riot, win or lose. Canuck fans were there for the game. It was a select group of the regular dikheads that did this.

After watching several videos on youtube - I have to agree and disagree. As seen in the video of the brave young man defending the taxi, one of the thugs smashes the solar panel on the car with a crow bar. Last time I checked you played hockey with a stick, so who brings a crow bar to a hockey game? Someone intent on mayhem win or lose, that's who. But that's the only point we agree on.

Lots and lots of jersey wearing fans in the crowds of people that were smashing windows and lighting cars on fire. What separates a true hockey fan from the regular dickheads that he normally associates with every other Friday night? There's easily 1000 people involved in criminal offences in the 20 mins of videos that I just finished watching, and I probably barely scratched the surface, so my guess is that the core group being labelled as instigators is grossly under estimated.

And if there was such a small crowd of troublemakers, and such a large crowd of bleeding heart die hard true blood hockey fans, why didn't more of them stand the fawk up and defend their city? Surely a crowd of 99,000 has much more of a presence than the alleged 1000 instigators...again I disagree because you can see them egging on the others from the background, cheering and jeering and throwing bottles and bricks at the cops and firefighters, and EMT's.......The same public servants that very likely gave them medical attention hours later and will be the ones to respond to their house fire later this year.

I get it as a true BC person you feel compelled to defend your province and your provincial hockey team, but I'm from BC and I will not condone or defend the actions of anyone of these individuals for a moment, or use a small group of scapegoats to attempt a lame justification about how the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Obviously that is not the case based on last nights events. People blame the City for not having enough officers - and I can understand if they were expecting a terrorist attack, but they shouldn't have needed a single patrolman to defend the city from itself.

Very sad day for Vancouver and a black eye for Canadian hockey fans.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a COP called the Jim Rome show today,he was on duty. Acording to him they could of handled the couple of hundred who were torching /fighting etc.. What discusted him was the 25000 who cheered the bad ones on .....

Blame it on punks , but there was not 25000 punks !!! To stand by and cheer some one to burn and trash there own city is just as bad as doing it yourself...

ALL of vancouver need to take a good look in the mirror, this is something they will be remembered for ,for a long time.........

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many kids who look up to NHL players were watching the end of the game last night , then a news flash comes on and shows people burning /looting and firebombing police cars and the city.....MOST of them wearing Canuck sweaters....

Try explaining that to the kids.....What a mess.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had to share my feelings

downtownVancouverBC.jpg

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think so many of us here in BC as citizens and Canuck fans are in disbelief as to what happened. Watching the news and seeing all these retards do their demented crap was hard to grasp. On a bright side, after watching the news there are many examples of good people risking their lives and standing up to these thugs to protect property and for what is right. I truly hope these people are acknowledged for there efforts, as they are the ones that should be in the spot light. Cheers to them all from this proud BC resident and a true Canuck fan. :beer::beer::beer:

As for the thugs, I hope you all pay dearly for your stupidity. This riot had nothing to do about the game but was premeditated buy key individuals. As for the rest who cheered, and helped etc etc, I say shame on you all and if drinking led you to your actions I seriously think drinking is not your forte and you need to stay away from the booze.

enough said :mad:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When looking at the pics and the videos, the majority of the damage was done by guys that were in street clothes, that looked like skids and punks that would never watch a hockey game. They had packs on and had crowbars and ch!t.... Most people in jerseys looked to be just standing there taking pictures or getting pictures taken in with the destruction. You can see the odd guys with jerseys on doing damage and they have bandannas over their faces so you know they were they just to riot. The guy that was defending the car is lucky that he didnt get jumped by that whole group of guys but like most street fights the guys didnt have a clue about fighting.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"In Calgary, on the Red Mile, the only thing we had was women showing their breasts, and it seemed to calm everybody down!"

Dave Rutherford radio host of QR77

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they showed one guy on the news last night trying to stop some looters, and he got a severe beat down from the mob! maybe that's why more didn't stand up to the mob. individuals against a mob is never a good thing for the individuals health and well being unfortunately

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
^^ agree with ya buck, got a beating myself trying to do the right thing. this is just gross, the cops should have been prepared for this crap, water guns on the fire trucks should have been blasting the punks and they should have been pelleted with rubber bullets, I know and agree real bullets but that aint ever gonna happen in Canada. what a mess and a disgrace to Canada these hooligans have done. Hope the catch as many as possible and i think alot of people will come forth with the right info on who is who or who did what. The city was busy cleaning up the mess and A LOT of FANS and citizens were down town cleaning it up too.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With over 100k people there, you would think they would care enough for their own city to try and stop the rioting. Everyone says it was just a handful of people that started the whole thing, why didn't they gang up on them and put a stop to it? Those people standing around taking pictures and videos are no better than those that participated. Shame on them.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With over 100k people there, you would think they would care enough for their own city to try and stop the rioting. Everyone says it was just a handful of people that started the whole thing, why didn't they gang up on them and put a stop to it? Those people standing around taking pictures and videos are no better than those that participated. Shame on them.

I agree that they ren't much better because they provided an audience for the rioters and looters. But on the flip side of that alot of that video footage and pictures are now being used to prosecute alot of the rioters and looters.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
...... But on the flip side of that, alot of that video footage and pictures are now being used to prosecute alot of the rioters and looters.

We wished they would "prosecute"! That's why there is still this crap going on. I've said it before, too many pussie judges, too many doo-gooders that feel sorry for the anarchists.

They've already let some of the rioters out with a promise to appear.....let them stay in the jail for awhile, they might get the message.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think so many of us here in BC as citizens and Canuck fans are in disbelief as to what happened. Watching the news and seeing all these retards do their demented crap was hard to grasp. On a bright side, after watching the news there are many examples of good people risking their lives and standing up to these thugs to protect property and for what is right. I truly hope these people are acknowledged for there efforts, as they are the ones that should be in the spot light. Cheers to them all from this proud BC resident and a true Canuck fan. :beer::beer::beer:

As for the thugs, I hope you all pay dearly for your stupidity. This riot had nothing to do about the game but was premeditated buy key individuals. As for the rest who cheered, and helped etc etc, I say shame on you all and if drinking led you to your actions I seriously think drinking is not your forte and you need to stay away from the booze.

enough said :mad:

They weren't thugs, they were Canuck fans. Just ask Modman.

Top Bottom