How to sell a Sled….Millennial Edition

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the used SxS market start to follow suit I wonder, some of the asking numbers on two and three year old machine‘s are crazy let alone some if the new stuff. maybe not requiring snow to ride will help kerp that market up!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting to the point it's almost better that way, lots of them bidders get auction fever, or they can't add fees and taxes and pay for the sellers fees because they can't math.
Exactly, I have been to many auction sales in my life, mainly farm and auto or industrial auctions and seen some trivial stuff sell way beyond retail. Also seen stuff that should bring premium go cheap. Easiest way to move stuff in my mind.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always put no offers excepted until you look at the unit.
Still had people try to offer over the phone.

I can honestly say if I’m buying or selling I’ve negotiated every time over text, email, phone, or kijiji message especially with dealers it takes the personal side out of it . Will you take $$$$$ or not? If you’re a serious buyer or seller you have a number you’re willing to take or pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say if I’m buying or selling I’ve negotiated every time over text, email, phone, or kijiji message especially with dealers it takes the personal side out of it . Will you take $$$$$ or not? If you’re a serious buyer or seller you have a number you’re willing to take or pay.

Agree, If I am travelling to buy a machine I want to know if the seller is flexible on the price.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

X2

I'm not driving unless I know we're in the same ballpark for price.

If I'm selling, I have no problem someone asking me if I'll take less (and even lowballing) as long as they're decent about it.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Agreed….I always negotiate price prior. Think this day and age you need to be flexible how the interaction goes.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When yha own something it's yours...

If someone else is intrested in it they might buy it at fair market price,,, other then that its a hit and miss at times....

$XXX funds spent ÷ by years,,, milage or hours use = out-come of funds recouped at the end of it...

The main thing is getting that use out of it...

Did I mention We have a special sale price on Igloos up North this year...

Limited time offer... lol

Don

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I usually have about a 10% leeway.
If someone asks if the price is negotiable I will say yes but money talks.
Had too many morons offer me a price than never show up.
I know guys will e transfer $ now after agreeing on a price.
If I am looking for something and the price is way out to lunch I just pass the ad by.
Best deals I ever got were people that would not move on the price.

So after negotiating a price when you get there and find some little things wrong do you still grind the guy or keep your word?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey newsflash, hardly anyone's riding NA sleds except the 9R crowd that think its cool for probably one more season until that fad wears off. Take a look around 80% turbo models.
Ride coastal / sea level mountains ... don't need added weight of an altitude compensation device ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people here ride mountains in BC

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually have about a 10% leeway.
If someone asks if the price is negotiable I will say yes but money talks.
Had too many morons offer me a price than never show up.
I know guys will e transfer $ now after agreeing on a price.
If I am looking for something and the price is way out to lunch I just pass the ad by.
Best deals I ever got were people that would not move on the price.

So after negotiating a price when you get there and find some little things wrong do you still grind the guy or keep your word?
I usually always agree upon a price before the guy comes now a days and i always tell potential buyer if u find something that wasnt mentioned we can talk i am upfront of any damages and always send great pics to interested partys havnt had any issues ever selling anything.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're selling something there are three things I want to know right off the bat.....
1. Is it still available
2. Will you take 50% of asking price
3. Have you taken it off any sweet jumps
4. Will it help me get lucky with the wife more often

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to see more of a return to N/A sleds now that the resale has taken a hit on the turbos while the new price keeps going up and holdovers and in season models are being discounted. Tough to drop $30k on a snowcheck turbo that is going to be worth $20k next season when you can get an SP for $15k.
Or buy a used 26,000 turbo for 18g. Dont think anyone that has rode a factory turbo is thinking about going back to a NA. Time will tell.

Top Bottom