Buying fish direct

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go on google maps and type fish market near Vancouver island. There is lots.

Probably are going to be paying retail. But still a lot cheaper than catching them yourself on a charter im thinkin...
I've checked those out. Better deal just buying it as Costco.....which is what we might end up doing.

Might check out local charters too. Always had good luck on charters until the last couple. The first three or four we went on I bet the fish worked out to under 5 bucks a pound. Sure sucks to spend thousands to come back with a tiny bit of fish. Fishing is fun, but for the price, there are other things I would rather do.

Figured it might be like beef.....sure you can pay retail, or buy it for 6 bucks a lbs hanging, or you can buy it off a farmer for market rate and have a full beef in the deep freeze for 2500. Looks like fish industry might be different

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've checked those out. Better deal just buying it as Costco.....which is what we might end up doing.

Might check out local charters too. Always had good luck on charters until the last couple. The first three or four we went on I bet the fish worked out to under 5 bucks a pound. Sure sucks to spend thousands to come back with a tiny bit of fish. Fishing is fun, but for the price, there are other things I would rather do.

Figured it might be like beef.....sure you can pay retail, or buy it for 6 bucks a lbs hanging, or you can buy it off a farmer for market rate and have a full beef in the deep freeze for 2500. Looks like fish industry might be different

I hate Costco. Im willing to pay extra to not go there.

That said, having a real hard time finding good steaks anywhere these days.

Might have to bite the bullet and see if they are as good as people claim

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are good steaks and brisket. Never had bad meat from Costco actually.

I found a local lady that sells beef though. Best ribeye I've ever had

Just ate a rib eye an hour ago i bought from sobeys. Looked great, but tasted like it was grown in a lab and injected with mnra... lol

Might need your steak ladies contact info.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are good steaks and brisket. Never had bad meat from Costco actually.
Except for a 4H critter every few years we buy exclusively from Costco, it’a AAA, most grocery stores are AA.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
766ad3ca0f06c2464fe4f938468a9afa.png

Top Bottom