EV battery safety

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so anti-mining? Scared of making things out of metal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not anti-mining... just not happy about the hypocrisy... O&G is bad, but EV's that get their power from conventional sources is OK....???!!!
Me's thinks the "Corporation" aka, Gov of Chinada Inc" should go all EV 1st, then all the municipal depts within the city's along with the Military and lets see how that trial run works out. Also they cannot use any natural resources to charge either, can only charge with wind/solar. If it works out after the trial period i will go and buy 2 new Ev,s.;)

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a friends house burn to the ground early Monday morning. They woke up to someone pounding at there door at 4 am. The county has people checking which hiways need snowplowing and she noticed the attached garage on fire. They got out in there pyjamas and 10 minutes later the house was engulfed in flames. They figure it’s from his lithium batteries being charged in his garage. Just a reminder to install timers on your chargers.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont most battery chargers stop charging when the battery is full ?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some chargers do not have a lithium setting or are not meant for lithium batteries and can over charge, we will see a lot more lithium fires as people migrate to lithium batteries until we figure out what causes the fires, it will take time. I am sure that samsung phone that caught fire on the plane had nothing to do with over charging.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LIthium batteries have been around a while, and chargers usually come with the tool.

so hopefully milwakee and others have it figured out...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LIthium batteries have been around a while, and chargers usually come with the tool.

so hopefully milwakee and others have it figured out...
The tools can short out causing fires even when plugged in, using tools around some chemicals, salt water or bleach can cause fires. But there are a lot more lithium batteries than just the battery tools, cell phones, cars, car batteries.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cars are gas power. So im just worried about tools...

Top Bottom