Your a Dumb a$$ thread

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK we all have these moments, let’s hear them while we are waiting for the white stuff to show up.

Am having a slow day so thought I'll get some things done.Went to Wal-Mart and picked up a jug of RV antifreeze. Went to the trailer pulled the battery out and set it up on the battery maintainer in the garage. Found a socket the right size to drain the hot water tank and drained it. Went inside with my jug of Antifreeze and get the pump disconnected and install my little hose to the pump, flick the pump on .... no pump, why no pump. Everything was working the last time we used it… WTF. OK, pull the switch out check the switch. No power at the switch?? Why no power at the switch. Start thinking back where to check for power next and realize......dumb A$$ you took the battery out already....
OK if I plug the RV in will it give me pump power with no battery? I know the fridge won’t work without 12v power (another dumb a$$ moment). Do I go get the battery or try it with just the power cord plugged in..... I have to know if it will work, the heck with the battery but if it doesn’t work I'm going to be pissed.... Good it’s working.
Next put the hose in the jug and hit the pump power. No fluid is coming up out the hose, got air coming in the pump fitting. Put the fitting on better and we have suction..... but wait why isn’t the pump building pressure and stopping... look at jug…and where is all my antifreeze going!!! Ah crap forgot to close the hot water tank "t"s. look outside. yep ground is pink, its going out the hot water tank. Go back to Wal-Mart get another jug of RV antifreeze and finish the job.... Double, triple, quadruple check I’ve done the toilet, bathroom sink/shower, shower drain, kitchen sink….. I’m good……I hope…..
You just have to wonder sometimes. I’ve had this RV for how many years….. and I screw it up. Guess it could be worse, at least this was the first time I’ve messed up.

Last edited:

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You aren't the first one with this momentary laspe of reason..................
I know I have seen me do this .

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dumped 3 jugs of antifreeze on the ground one year. i dont remember what I left open but I think it took three trips to the store that year. I need to do mine but i think I might wait a day or three until it warms up a little.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine years ago was ....crap were ready to take off for two weeks and was planning on changing oil, no big deal I'm quick,....take out the drain plug, remove filter, grease the the fittings while it's drining, check the air filter, but on the new oil filter, phone rings...............come back and start pouring in the new full syntetic oil.....check dipstick WTF no oil.....took longer to clean up the mess then it did to change the oil....

PS on another note, I use the blow it out method, but I thought that you were suspose to by-pass the hot water tank as the RV antifreeze and the alluminum tanks dont play nice together...I know both our trailer and the camper have py-pass valves to do that!!!!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara for a "Toad" (towed) behind the motorhome this spring. Basically, just a beater-car...not going to spend any money on it other than safety stuff. Got it home and went through things....put 'er up on the front wheel ramp-things that we all have in our garages. Drained the oil. While waiting for the dribbles, was opening doors and checking out the vehicle....had the back door open. Big ol barn door that swings open from the left...left it open. Decided that the car should sit flat when I put the oil in it, so I slipped 'er in neutral to roll it off the ramps....BAM! Rear door into garage door. Not too bad, but a little crease in the garage door remains as a reminder to close the door/tailgate/whatever next time. Haha.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You "can" put antifreeze into your hot water tank but it is an awful waste of 6-10 gallons of RV antifreeze plus it is very hard to get the hot water tank properly flushed out after filling it with antifreeze. Youll have a bit of a bad smell and taste for a while after if you do this, not that I have done it but have talked to a few guys who forgot to bypass the hot water tank before they flushed the lines

Mine years ago was ....crap were ready to take off for two weeks and was planning on changing oil, no big deal I'm quick,....take out the drain plug, remove filter, grease the the fittings while it's drining, check the air filter, but on the new oil filter, phone rings...............come back and start pouring in the new full syntetic oil.....check dipstick WTF no oil.....took longer to clean up the mess then it did to change the oil....

PS on another note, I use the blow it out method, but I thought that you were suspose to by-pass the hot water tank as the RV antifreeze and the alluminum tanks dont play nice together...I know both our trailer and the camper have py-pass valves to do that!!!!!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used a tractor to lift the motor out of a pickup years ago. Seemed like a really intelligent, labour saving idea at the time. Should have put the hood for the truck somewhere else though. Kinda wrecks 'em when you back over them with a tractor!
:drive:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Couple years ago pulled my guts out trying to start me sled for the 1st time of the season pi$$ed around with spark plugs a put fresh fuel to realize kill switch was in still nothing drain fuel new plugs nothing pull my guts out again thinking it flooded after a while realize I took the key off 2 pulls it started but wasted an after noon

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
many many years ago i parked a car on a snowy ramp to quickly go inside the building. closed the door started to walk away when I notice the car sliding down the ramp. I chased after it to jump inside and stop it but ended up slipping on the wet slush and the car went over my foot. Not fun. Should have left the damn thing go!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hilarious! I've done just about every one of these things so far. Not sure if you guys have the same problem I do, but for me there seems to be a common denominator - :beer: TOO MANY BEERS :beer:.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I stepped on the brake away cord one day out camping with the trailer. Pulled it out of the switch .,,
Brand new batteries and couldn't figure out why the trailer was dead as a door nail pitch black and I looking at this wire and couldn't figure out where it went. Finally it donned on me.

I loose stuff all the time. Put something somewhere for safe keeping an then forget where I put it.
Or I make a list for groceries or a list of stuff I have to do and then I loose the effing list
I lost a whole pack of smokes and the lighter the other day... Still can't find them.
You want to look up forgetful in the dictionary. It has my picture beside it for sure

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i stepped on the brake away cord one day out camping with the trailer. Pulled it out of the switch .,,
brand new batteries and couldn't figure out why the trailer was dead as a door nail pitch black and i looking at this wire and couldn't figure out where it went. Finally it donned on me.

I loose stuff all the time. Put something somewhere for safe keeping an then forget where i put it.
Or i make a list for groceries or a list of stuff i have to do and then i loose the effing list
i lost a whole pack of smokes and the lighter the other day... Still can't find them.
You want to look up forgetful in the dictionary. It has my picture beside it for sure

twisted tea does that to a person............. Jus' sayin' :) hehehehehe

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Liquor usually makes me smarter though,,, well that's my excuse anyway

Thank Christ at work I am usually on the ball. But no one likes come backs when your flat rate pay .
I could go on forever about other stories that have left me calling myself an idiot

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't even tell this one. I was tee'd off about something so I was irritated working on a truck of mine at home. I lost my 7/8" combination wrench and started ranting to myself about it looking all over the shop for it. Right about when I gave up I finally dropped what I was holding in my left hand the entire time....... my 7/8" wrench.

I just set everything down and gave up for that day, lol.

Top Bottom