Canada Greener Homes Grant

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be a good thing for those with older homes to look into. Looks like there is up to $5600 available per house to perform before and after energy audits, and make upgrades based on the recommendations of the audit. It appears upgraded air sealing, upgrading insulation, switching heating and hot water to heat pumps, and solar PV installations are all covered within the grant, as well as other upgrades to limit flooding and water damage. It also appears there will be interest free loans of up to $40k to help pay for the upfront costs of these upgrades, however details haven't been released on this yet.

The bad thing I can see is the push toward to heat pump heating, probably works good in Vancouver, not sure there is a unit that works in -40 though, not to mention the associated power bills from running those units.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, heat pumps wont be beneficial in climates below -23C (if i recall correctly). I looked into them 10yrs ago (inlaws have them, works great for them in a milder climate).

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked into heat pump for my house build in the Edmonton area and I would never recoupe the investment. Id love to get off the grid but unless you can get off the electrical or gas grid completely there is almost no point to solar or heat pumps. Spend more in all the fees and distribution than the actual product.

Good family friends of ours have some crazy system in their house and after 10 years or so with the system now he said it was a waste of money. Still needs another source of heat in the winter.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol this just another example of the liberals trying to by votes. Lumber, copper, mdf is costing like 100% more. But dont worry the 5 grand for a few solar panels will have the simple minded lining up. Meanwhile the cost of homes is up 20-30% in alot of areas, interest rates are about to go up which will no doubt make even people's current homes unaffordable. But dont worry, the virtue signaling king will have your back for a few solar panels. what a joke

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Lol this just another example of the liberals trying to by votes. Lumber, copper, mdf is costing like 100% more. But dont worry the 5 grand for a few solar panels will have the simple minded lining up. Meanwhile the cost of homes is up 20-30% in alot of areas, interest rates are about to go up which will no doubt make even people's current homes unaffordable. But dont worry, the virtue signaling king will have your back for a few solar panels. what a joke
How bout you go spread your miserable attitude over on bitchfest.com. This is snow and mud.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry reality hurts so much for you. Make the choice to ignore it if you have the ability.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KD, just pointing out a fact. Get off your high horse, come back to earth, and quit trying to be everyone's
Stfu negative Nancy. Try looking in the mirror and improving your chitty attitude in life. The one friend and some family might actually enjoy hanging out with u. I’m trying to help your pathetic, sad, woe is me life! It’s the second half of your life. Ya wanna complain about every little thing in the world? Go ahead.
Too hot, too cold, govt sucks, nothing is free, this sucks, that sucks, you suck! Bahahahaha, GFY!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Stfu negative Nancy. Try looking in the mirror and improving your chitty attitude in life. The one friend and some family might actually enjoy hanging out with u. I’m trying to help your pathetic, sad, woe is me life! It’s the second half of your life. Ya wanna complain about every little thing in the world? Go ahead.
Too hot, too cold, govt sucks, nothing is free, this sucks, that sucks, you suck! Bahahahaha, GFY!
So who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? BTW, how do you get the "second half" of my life? IMHO, I have one life and I haven't reached the pinnacle quite yet! I am still going strong, learning, and having a great time! You??

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
When are you going to run for prime minister?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? BTW, how do you get the "second half" of my life? IMHO, I have one life and I haven't reached the pinnacle quite yet! I am still going strong, learning, and having a great time! You??
Yooooou aaaaaain’t learning squat! 🤪 ! Too stubborn, fail to correctly assess yourself, your too old, set in your ways. You screwed up your life, made enemies and fake friends. Now your just waiting around for the coffin pointing out everything negative while missing the great joys in life. Too bad, so sad. No do overs. You ducked up.
I’m yo momma so listen when I say change your life. Just try it. Just one lil tiny day. Just try to compliment every person you see. Compliment their truck, their good job, uplift others. No negative chit allowed . Compliment yourself. Tell someone you appreciate them. No negative Nancy words. Smile all day. Be nice ffs. Report back what happened to you. Bahahahaha!

Last edited:
Top Bottom