Xm can thread

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the thing cooker from my dealer and installed it.. not too stoked on fit and finish, install instructions or parts it came with to do the install.

ended up needing an extra spring and modifying a bracket they sent but in the end it looks decent and I'm pretty sure I won't care about the little things while eating hot melty cheesy lasagna and garlic prawns on the hill

Didn't really run it long enough to see what it sounds like as I need to break in my engine first :)

in the second pic you can see the "bracket" included.. but it came with a bolt and a nut, which would never stay on the sled due to vibrations .. so I riveted it instead.. also you see the "extra" spring I had to use there.. otherwise you can make some sort of an extension instead of doubling up the springs for the other mount

it is 10 lbs lighter than the stock suitecase (with the muff pot in it)

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 403

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the thing cooker from my dealer and installed it.. not too stoked on fit and finish, install instructions or parts it came with to do the install.

ended up needing an extra spring and modifying a bracket they sent but in the end it looks decent and I'm pretty sure I won't care about the little things while eating hot melty cheesy lasagna and garlic prawns on the hill

Didn't really run it long enough to see what it sounds like as I need to break in my engine first :)

in the second pic you can see the "bracket" included.. but it came with a bolt and a nut, which would never stay on the sled due to vibrations .. so I riveted it instead.. also you see the "extra" spring I had to use there.. otherwise you can make some sort of an extension instead of doubling up the springs for the other mount

Yah no kidding on the fit and finish!!! I guess they don't like using mandrel bent pipe either. The cooker can is a great idea tho.

Reactions: LBZ

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah no kidding on the fit and finish!!! I guess they don't like using mandrel bent pipe either. The cooker can is a great idea tho.

Beautiful sled... ugly can. I would compare it to a Victoria's Secret model wearing beige granny panties. Sure it does what it was intended to but doesn't really turn you on.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their cans have always been ugly. Hence the name " The Thing".
Took mine for a rip yesterday, sounds sweet. Nice deep rumble and a good bark at WOT.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Definately not the prettiest can on the market thats for sure.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather not have a can that looks like a drunk and partially blind farmer made it on my $14 000 sled.
But if your prefer function over esthetic quality and fashion then thats fine.
Got a close look at one today on a new XM. Awesome concept. Throw a mandrel bent pipe on it and I'd buy one. Sounds wicked!

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rather not have a can that looks like a drunk and partially blind farmer made it on my $14 000 sled.
Got a close look at one today on a new XM. Awesome concept. Throw a mandrel bent pipe on it and I'd buy one. Sounds wicked!
Your on FALKIN glue!!was the first though i had when i read yr post!!Dont judge me.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your on FALKIN glue!!was the first though i had when i read yr post!!Dont judge me.
Really?
You think it's as nice a looking and as well built as the other cans on the market in that price range or cheaper? Better check the mirror for the glue eater lol.
Again and for the last time 10 out of 10 for fit and function.
6 for appearance.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really?
You think it's as nice a looking and as well built as the other cans on the market in that price range or cheaper? Better check the mirror for the glue eater lol.
Again and for the last time 10 out of 10 for fit and function.
6 for appearance.
i just never thought appearance was all that important.On a red neck forum site!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can have a $14,000 sled with a sexy can and you might still ride like a drunk and partially blind farmer :p

Mind you, your can will look awesome while showing it off all day at the chalet with Tex! :eek:

Top Bottom