Xm can thread

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get good deal on tss cans, pm me if interested have 4 guys so far and need 6 doesnt matter what tss can it is, they even have a tunnel dump one, so its not loud ....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried a Neils Power Pipe on their Etec????? Been researching and they seem to be an OK pipe for quality... Also looking at a Specialty X pipe from Specialty Performance in St Albert.... Don't want to dump money on a can without having some good feedback.... My Power-Tek ran awesome with a specialty and sounded ridiculous... would love to get that sound back if I could.... Just spent a chit-load of $$ at the show and another 400$$ on a can that I don't like or doesn't work on an Etec will be a bit of a waste for me...

yammyman

Reaction score
I ordered a Carbon Fiber can last week. On youtube it sounded the most like what i imagine an awesome dragon would sound like farting fire. Which is good.

HILL- frickin- larious! I'm going with it for almost the exact same reason!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lmao that is funny! Just a heads up, they do not sound the same as the dragons that are in the woods over here.
They do have a sweet crisp sound tho. I had one on my etec last year and would have put one on the new sled this year. But i can't go without the cooker.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fine folks at TSS say that I will need to change my pin weights and spring. I haven't heard of this with any other can.
then again, I do live under a rock!

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not wish to offend you, but a spell and grammar check would add a lot of credibility to your product, especially when you are trying to explain your scientific methods of ensuring your product quality...

just sayin' !
Booo I can't spell worth a ch!t either and im smart enough to know that someone who can could very well be smart as a rock!! I just happen to be getting the Thing can from the Sled Shed!!Some peoples brains just dont give a falk about ENGLISH LOL WILLY has good English!!!:rant:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booo I can't spell worth a ch!t either and im smart enough to know that someone who can could very well be smart as a rock!! I just happen to be getting the Thing can from the Sled Shed!!Some peoples brains just dont give a falk about ENGLISH LOL WILLY has good English!!!:rant:

I'm probably gonna order a thing can with cooker as well

All I'm sayin is .. if you put little care on the quality of your communication, one might think that you also put little care in the quality of your product.. it's basic professionalism.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fine folks at TSS say that I will need to change my pin weights and spring. I haven't heard of this with any other can.
then again, I do live under a rock!

That is funny, because 3 of us last two yrs running tss and never changed a thing, and before I would order the 6 I will be qwacking to them on this crap............

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is funny, because 3 of us last two yrs running tss and never changed a thing, and before I would order the 6 I will be qwacking to them on this crap............
Please do and post what you find. I'm still leaning towards an HPS but am also researching other options. Weight is my biggest area of improvement I want as well as it not running like crap.
As much as I love the idea of the thing cooker can, I gotta say that it sure would be nice if the craftsmanship looked a little better. 45 degree mig welded angles on the pipe makes it look like some farmer made it in his backyard. A nice mandrel bent piece or tig welded 22.5 degree pieces would make it look alot nicer and maybe even flow more smoothly. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna order a thing can with cooker as well

All I'm sayin is .. if you put little care on the quality of your communication, one might think that you also put little care in the quality of your product.. it's basic professionalism.
do you know what a pain in the ass it is for me to type out my thoughts and how many posts i delete cause i can't write what i wanna say...LOL Maybe he is the same.AS for professionalism ...you read that in a book somewhere? just teasing !!I get what yr saying and yr write but you jumped the gun .A cooker on the Can is freaking genius !!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The Thing Can works!

It cooks faster than having the MuffPot on the pipe and it is a two-tier cooker (one for the main course and the smaller one for an appetizer!

I had one on the 2012 Etec and it was awesome (2200 kms and no hick-ups). Ordered 2 more for this years sleds (2013 XMX). If you want a cooker then this is the only way to go, IMHO.

Here's a last year video regarding the installation............a new video will be forth coming with some recipes and awesome trail food.

The Thing Inside !Caution! - YouTube

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie snow has sold me lol

I didnt have a pot for the first time last year and I missed it.....

come on snopw Im ready

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talking to my dealer about cans .. he's going to bring in "the thing" can and I guess i'll be the first to try it out

He was saying that sledshed told him (and this would be true for most etecs with cans) is that they increase the flow and you get more midrange power, except the computer will not be happy because "things are out of parameter" and will pull a bit of timing or whatever to reduce power in the midrange hence you feel a bog

he was saying with most cans you end up having to install a blue spring or add 2 grams to your primary

either way . think i'll try this one out and see for myself when the can arrives !

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talking to my dealer about cans .. he's going to bring in "the thing" can and I guess i'll be the first to try it out

He was saying that sledshed told him (and this would be true for most etecs with cans) is that they increase the flow and you get more midrange power, except the computer will not be happy because "things are out of parameter" and will pull a bit of timing or whatever to reduce power in the midrange hence you feel a bog

he was saying with most cans you end up having to install a blue spring or add 2 grams to your primary

either way . think i'll try this one out and see for myself when the can arrives !

Did he say that his thing can causes this too or does it flow close enough to stock to not cause this issue?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he say that his thing can causes this too or does it flow close enough to stock to not cause this issue?

The guy from the sledshe (Al?) specifically told my dealer that you should either add 2 grams or go with the blue spring.. neither of which are a big deal.. but part of me doesn't want to phuk with the clutching on my brand new sled over a can... who knows, might make it all work better

My dealer is bringing one in, and we'll experiment on my sled.. guess i'll give it a try and find out.

This is just to eliminate the bog in the mid range.. supposedly.

Doug, have you noticed any mid range bog on your 12 etecs ?

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy from the sledshe (Al?) specifically told my dealer that you should either add 2 grams or go with the blue spring.. neither of which are a big deal.. but part of me doesn't want to phuk with the clutching on my brand new sled over a can... who knows, might make it all work better

My dealer is bringing one in, and we'll experiment on my sled.. guess i'll give it a try and find out.

This is just to eliminate the bog in the mid range.. supposedly.

Doug, have you noticed any mid range bog on your 12 etecs ?

Ya although eventually I can expect to make clutching changes, I never thought it would be because of a can either. I guess I will just have to try it and if it bogs then make clutch changes.

Top Bottom