Toilet Bowl

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go. This way we don't derail another thread. We can use this for stories or suggestions to help avoid more TB adventures. The video that MFR laid out doesn't show how easy it is to end up in the Toilet Bowl. I'm Sure S&R will have a read from time to time, so if you have anything positive to suggest for making the TB less inviting fire away.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went and had a look at it last year as everything was pounded in the normal areas. That’s as close as I will be to dropping in. Have no desire to spend a night on the mountain with my diminishing riding skills so no one will be rescuing me down there. lol

Reactions: RXN

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That poor fella who dropped it. He was probably a decent Sledder being from Quebec, but inexperienced in the mountains. With almost no snow pack to drop down something like that is crazy and a rookie mistake. I read he had injuries, so I’m guessing his drop involved some crashing. Crazy.
But Life is a calculated risk.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago some French kids came up to us and said they lost a rider in their group and pointed down towards the toilet bowl, we went as far as we could without dropping in. We heard tunes at the cabin earlier so figured Shady might be there and luckily he was, went with him and rescued the kid in the toilet bowl. I wouldnt have gone without someone that knew that area and I dont recommend anyone try to go figure it out but it would be fun to head in there again with the right people and the right snow conditions.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a good map of the riding area with the nicknames of the spots… animated/drawn might be easier to follow than the satellite photo

I know we came down the back way from the airport to the cabin a few years ago and had we made a wrong directional choice, we would have likely ended up in the TB…

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be easy and prudent of the club to at least mark it on the map. That said, it may just encourage some to go there.
Given the number of people using GPS', it would be even better would be to have it marked electronically. Garmin maps now show pretty much all club sled trails as well as geofence closed caribou areas.
Isn't the main accidental entry point right behind the cabin? Couple of signs might go a long way.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the toilet bowl? Kind of looks like grass poking out of the pow 🤪

Screenshot_20231206_121208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Bottom