Xm can thread

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, im more worried about losing which has been proven with some cans on the plain 800r

So if you were told XYZ can lost 1-2 HP at WOT at maximum recommended RPM would you not use that can?

What if that can made more HP through the mid range? Even better, what if XYZ can actually produced more HP at 100-200 rpm higher than the max RPM range specified for that sled but did not show it on the dyno report?

More importantly, why even consider HP numbers? I would be more interested in torque numbers. On top of that Dyno's can be manipulated by the user so unless it is a totally unbiased dyno report on all cans at a specified elevation and charts were actually provided for the report it is all speculation.

It is true that some cans can lead to a loss of usable power. Those cans usually come with a gimmick like carbon fibre or other fancy gizmos I am sure. But at the end of the day, will you feel a 1-2 HP loss in your thumb dyno?

If XYZ can weighs 5 pounds and ABC can weighs 15 pounds and the stock weights 25 pounds, but XYZ causes a 2-3 hp loss and ABC has 1-2 HP loss and the stock maintains power, what is more important? The weight of the can, or maintaining the HP?

:rolleyes:

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you were told XYZ can lost 1-2 HP at WOT at maximum recommended RPM would you not use that can?

What if that can made more HP through the mid range? Even better, what if XYZ can actually produced more HP at 100-200 rpm higher than the max RPM range specified for that sled but did not show it on the dyno report?

More importantly, why even consider HP numbers? I would be more interested in torque numbers. On top of that Dyno's can be manipulated by the user so unless it is a totally unbiased dyno report on all cans at a specified elevation and charts were actually provided for the report it is all speculation.

It is true that some cans can lead to a loss of usable power. Those cans usually come with a gimmick like carbon fibre or other fancy gizmos I am sure. But at the end of the day, will you feel a 1-2 HP loss in your thumb dyno?

If XYZ can weighs 5 pounds and ABC can weighs 15 pounds and the stock weights 25 pounds, but XYZ causes a 2-3 hp loss and ABC has 1-2 HP loss and the stock maintains power, what is more important? The weight of the can, or maintaining the HP?

:rolleyes:
Exactly, no your not gunna feel 1-3 hp gain on a can but you might feel a difference with a can that makes 10 hp less. And as for the dyno, this is very true but I'm taking it from someone who tested a few different cans on the same dyno same night just for the hell of it to see the results. That's why I was questioning on here if anyone had actually tried differ t cans on a dyno to see the difference. Hell I can go to my local peavey mart and buy a tractor muffler too and cut the top off and weld a elbow on and slap my name on it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is looking for hp in a can needs to rethink the process. Cans don't make hp the pipe/y pipe does. The best can to buy is the one that doesn't lose hp and weighs the lightest. Some companies do a better job at it than others. Hope this helps.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is there some kind of group buy deal going on here for XM cans?

Reactions: Dmf

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is looking for hp in a can needs to rethink the process. Cans don't make hp the pipe/y pipe does. The best can to buy is the one that doesn't lose hp and weighs the lightest. Some companies do a better job at it than others. Hope this helps.

yes my post was suggesting that in a theory should a can make hp, what is more important to someone. I know can's do not allow for more HP to be made.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when do cans make HP? Frig as long as you don't lose more than 2 hp and it's light and sounds good who cares which you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since when do cans make HP? Frig as long as you don't lose more than 2 hp and it's light and sounds good who cares which you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who said cans actually lead to an increase of HP?

Although Polaris spent a pile on lightweight cans for the Pro?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loving my mbrp can on my 11 etec good sound nice crisp throttle response great fit and doesnt rattle around. nice and quiet just creeping around then she BARKS when you open it up. after the can i did BMP stage 1 kit with Y and main pipe and some clutching from Revolution Performance group (cory Micku) and absolutely love it! First pull and the sled fired right up and it has been sitting since april!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering HPS, but don't want obnoxious. My M1000 has Jaws Twin pipes and stingers. Too loud. HPS can only on the XM won't be anywhere near that, correct?

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved the MBRP can on my 11 etec aswell. I put an spi mid pipe on but not sure if I am happy with it yet. not enough seat time

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My MBRP on my 12 has worked great. Good sound. Not to to loud. No hiccups.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumping to the top... Chrisco is bringing in HPS cans. Just waiting for the call to go pick them up!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Iv done alot of searching n i might go with the j&t can. Anyone have experience with it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom