X-glide or super glide where to buy???

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Hey where is the best place to pick up a box of ski glides in edmonton?? I wont have time sneek into the sled show this year.

Thanks again

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would recommend that you buy SuperGlides. Not only because the dudes at SuperGlide are awesome supporters of our sport but SuperGlides are definitely a better product. My flat deck (manufactured in the States) had another brand of glides on it and they didn't last a season as the plastic was more brittle than the SuperGlides. I had to replace the pieces on the ramp due to "cold weather cracking".

They say Princess Auto has occasional sales on them but I am sure you can contact Randal at SuperGlides and he would arrange something.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had really good luck buying them at Allen Dale in Red Deer. They had the best price by far.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would recommend that you buy SuperGlides. Not only because the dudes at SuperGlide are awesome supporters of our sport but SuperGlides are definitely a better product. My flat deck (manufactured in the States) had another brand of glides on it and they didn't last a season as the plastic was more brittle than the SuperGlides. I had to replace the pieces on the ramp due to "cold weather cracking".

They say Princess Auto has occasional sales on them but I am sure you can contact Randal at SuperGlides and he would arrange something.

Contact SuperClamp directly, they are huge supporters of Snowandmud and have treated our members very well in the past.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martins will be selling them at the Edmonton show Randall from Superclamp was telling me the other day if you are headed down there.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto had a sale last year and I bought 4 boxes at $69.99each, they might be having a preseason sale I would ask them.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto had a sale last year and I bought 4 boxes at $69.99each, they might be having a preseason sale I would ask them.

Same price at Flaman on Yellowhead. They usually have cheap trailer accessories also

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arent they slippery to walk on ?

Well, the gators don't have those little spikes like the super glides, that's the only reason the SGs are not slippery.
The gators are not hard shiny plastic, sort of a mix between rubber/plastic. There was a couple inches of snow on the trailer this past weekend, an they did not feel slick to stand on. I had the same thought before buying but they look like they'll work.

Last edited:

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the gators don't have those little spikes like the super glides. The gators are not hard shiny plastic, sort of a mix between rubber/plastic. There was a couple inches of snow on the trailer this past weekend, an they did not feel slick to stand on.

interesting thanks gonna check them out !

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Ya I was looking at those too... I just needed one box to finish off my deck. i'm not completely sold on the rubber ones. I like the little picks that the super glides have, makes it feel a touch bit safer on the footing.

I ended up grabbing a box of Super glides from PJs Trailers in Nisku, I was down at the airport working on some equipment so it was a quick run over and grab, didn't want to drive all over Edmonton in my service truck.

Top Bottom