Why 2 snowmobile Federations in BC??

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the discussion. I think that BC would be better with 1 clear directed voice representing BC snowmobile issues. I dont think we havwe heard much yet from the ABC group other than a couple of club reps.

Maybe if we can get them all together at Mountain Mania 4 they will start to talk and work together as a more unified voice to the BC government.
The ASA president already has asked for a invitation. Coming to ya Darryl

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the politicians only hear one voice, does it matter if 1,999,999 others are screaming too?

Something ain't going right cause more ares a closing, Just lookin for a possible solution.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the discussion. I think that BC would be better with 1 clear directed voice representing BC snowmobile issues. I dont think we havwe heard much yet from the ABC group other than a couple of club reps.

Maybe if we can get them all together at Mountain Mania 4 they will start to talk and work together as a more unified voice to the BC government.
The ASA president already has asked for a invitation. Coming to ya Darryl

Hope it works.:d

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
Why not privately ask the executive of the clubs that left the BCSF why they did so, and what their experiences with ABCSC have been? I would gladly tell anybody why our club left, it is no secret, but it would be inappropriate to do so in a public forum.

Colin Burke
President - Bordertown Snowbombers
Director - ABCSC

Bordertown Snowbombers Snowmobile Society

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not privately ask the executive of the clubs that left the BCSF why they did so, and what their experiences with ABCSC have been? I would gladly tell anybody why our club left, it is no secret, but it would be inappropriate to do so in a public forum.

Colin Burke
President - Bordertown Snowbombers
Director - ABCSC

Bordertown Snowbombers Snowmobile Society

Great statements

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
why not privately ask the executive of the clubs that left the bcsf why they did so, and what their experiences with abcsc have been? I would gladly tell anybody why our club left, it is no secret, but it would be inappropriate to do so in a public forum.

Colin burke
president - bordertown snowbombers
director - abcsc

bordertown snowbombers snowmobile society

well apparently it is a secret, because most of us don't know why clubs left the bcsf.......... Jus' sayin';):)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well apparently it is a secret, because most of us don't know why clubs left the bcsf.......... Jus' sayin';):)

I'm sure if you sent a pm to him he would tell you why they left. As he stated, he doesn't feel that on a public forum is the appropriate place to say but would gladly tell you if you asked.

Just sayin.

helgy

Reaction score
Website
Lets be clear on one thing, ABCSC is not a group of bitter people sitting around complaining about and bashing the BCSF, we have moved on and we have all volunteered to put together a product that appeals to a lot of clubs. There has been no campaign to recruit clubs into ABCSC. If you are happy with the BCSF, then that is all that matters and so be it. It is up to each individual club to do their homework if they feel it is necessary to do so.
Our club (the Bordertown Snowbombers) wrote the BCSF a long letter explaining exactly why we left, maybe the BCSF would share it with you, they certainly have my permission to do so.

Colin Burke

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats why I was asking. I'm an AB rider and ride mostly in BC so when I go spend my money on an assosiation I want to put the money where it will do the most good. IMO the club who is doing the most for keeping areas open and attempting to get new ones. It would be way better to have one assosiation for whole thing one cost at the start of the season.:d

farwest

Reaction score
Lets be clear on one thing, ABCSC is not a group of bitter people sitting around complaining about and bashing the BCSF, we have moved on and we have all volunteered to put together a product that appeals to a lot of clubs. There has been no campaign to recruit clubs into ABCSC. If you are happy with the BCSF, then that is all that matters and so be it. It is up to each individual club to do their homework if they feel it is necessary to do so.
Our club (the Bordertown Snowbombers) wrote the BCSF a long letter explaining exactly why we left, maybe the BCSF would share it with you, they certainly have my permission to do so.

Colin Burke

Erin,,,,,,,you did have lots to say........? Just sayin????

cartoon

Reaction score

Colin Burke
Colin Why have someone else make your point? if you have a good reason to choose one organization over another, lets hear it.
This is an interesting debate and I for one hope it continues.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Colin Why have someone else make your point? if you have a good reason to choose one organization over another, lets hear it.
This is an interesting debate and I for one hope it continues.

Thats what I was getting at no bashing just the facts man. Public site should be free to express the situation.:d

helgy

Reaction score
Website
Thats what I was getting at no bashing just the facts man. Public site should be free to express the situation.:d

I dont feel that it would be in anybodys best interest for me to comment any further on a public forum on this subject, as I volunteer as a director with ABC, and am a club president and I try hard to maintain a certain level of professionalism. That being said, feel free to contact ABC and or the BCSF executive personally if you have any questions, concerns, or want to make comparisons.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just got back from the sled show circuit (Edmonton, Saskatoon, and Calgary) and have missed a lot. I belong to both provincial organizations as I belong to two clubs; one is BCSF and the other is ABCS.

The "trail pass" discussion, I will leave for a few days as I need more information. With regards to insurance, someone mentioned that we must compare "apples to apples".....is this actually being done? Is the insurance policy really the same for both provincial organizations?

Can ABC represent sledders at the National level?

Just throwing a couple things out there for the discussion to continue....

muffin

Reaction score
At the calgary show ,i found out that the abc group pays dues to the bcsf group so does that mean , if you belong to the sicamous club , which belongs to the abc group, you also belong to bcsf, it would be only fair , as part of , ones membership fee goes to the abc , get the picture ?

Top Bottom