Which ONE ???? ASSAULT RMK 155 OR PRO RMK 155

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot one other lil tid bit,, the oil line now that should be fun!!!!! and when I fix it I get to put the exact same POS part back in, so another 1000miles new cable good times... doo is on it

so went put another 60miles on the XP and this time 3 bolts came off my secondary, one is sheared off so i will have to pull secondary and easy out the sum of bitch....
ya it took over 3 hours at 15km/h on a epic pow day with some sun at about 10:45 am to get back to my truck,,, such bullchit,,

just another day on my DOO....

maybe its bad luck, maybe I drive the chit off it but really this is a lot of nickle and diming for 1800miles dang it....

how many miles do the PRO owners have?
any issues?
belts?
exhaust leaks?
clutch heat?
just a general POS? lol save this for 08 xp

thanks

Man glad i got that track off you before you wrecked it to.:d:beer:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more interested in mountain miles, higher elevation and WOT for 1000ft elevation climbs at a time,,

but yes very impressive otherwise I agree:beer:

the flatland sleds seem to work well on a hard pack flat trail but throw in 4ft blower pow and WOT for half a day is what we do, not putting down the other riding but mountain riding is hard on sleds well hard on DOO's lol....

thanks man and I was assuming back home was flatland???

yeppers,Manitoba

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot one other lil tid bit,, the oil line now that should be fun!!!!! and when I fix it I get to put the exact same POS part back in, so another 1000miles new cable good times... doo is on it

so went put another 60miles on the XP and this time 3 bolts came off my secondary, one is sheared off so i will have to pull secondary and easy out the sum of bitch....
ya it took over 3 hours at 15km/h on a epic pow day with some sun at about 10:45 am to get back to my truck,,, such bullchit,,

just another day on my DOO....

maybe its bad luck, maybe I drive the chit off it but really this is a lot of nickle and diming for 1800miles dang it....

how many miles do the PRO owners have?
any issues?
belts?
exhaust leaks?
clutch heat?
just a general POS? lol save this for 08 xp

thanks

That sucks I to wish Doo would smarten up with some of these common problems, We paid the dough we shouldn't have to r&d them but I still wouldn't trade mine for a poo.:beer::d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have an 08 xp its expected to have issues. ya know...first year and all....5 years before the other 3 could even come up with something close.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell thanks for your comment on the camo extreme might have to consider 2.25 down the road. As far as mid range issues i think from what ive seen and talked to dealers and techsthat i deal with in my industry that this problem is gone. Could be wrong.

Im looking for a change from the XP as i feel i gave it a honest chance 1800kms ish. 9 trips to the mountians with it and a couple hunderd back home here is sask.
like the sled in the deep but it sucks in firmer snow conditions. yes ive tried everything softend things up disconnect the swaybar etc etc. just dont like the frim snow handling characteristics of this sled.

going to give polaris a try haven't had one since my Indy trail.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well pic up theorange madness pro rmk in 2 weeks. Bad thing is i need somebody to break it in as i tore my achelliss tendon and will be out for at least 3to 4 moonths and then have to take it easy on it. hoping to take it for a ride in say Febuary :(

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well pic up theorange madness pro rmk in 2 weeks. Bad thing is i need somebody to break it in as i tore my achelliss tendon and will be out for at least 3to 4 moonths and then have to take it easy on it. hoping to take it for a ride in say Febuary :(

Don't think there will be a shortage of riders willing to break it in for you..getting my RMK Assault next Sat.,super stoked

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fawk I own a XP what the hell do I know bahahaha,, I have spent more time and money getting this thing to work then my last 4 revs total,, those sleds pull and go,, XP pull and change belt, then tighten clutch bolts, then reapir exhaust leak, then get a real track that works, then grab a real clutch that works, then replace ramps and rollers after 600 miles cause there gone, ohhh new belt again,, time to clean bearing grease of my clutch cover I went on 2 rides, chit might as welkl doo top end I got 2000 miles hey Ill throw new crank bearing at it too,,,
thats after I fix any bends and add a stabilzer bar and clutch tower braces so my belt will last longer then 400 miles and doesnt melt a hole threw my side panel..from getting so hot,, ohh wait I forgot the engine tech T stat so the POS wouldnt heat soak,, man what am I doing,, lucky I like riding it I guess,,, ophh I forgot to make sure my can doesnt wear a hole threw my chaincase great technology.... A plus design there too
XP's are great

dammmmmmmmmmm and i didn't even have to say it........... thanks for typing all that for me

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well hope we get lots of snow out in the hills so come march april i can still ride the hills.

TEX78 i to last year had a 2010 waterbuffalo and am really looking forward to the comfort and ease of throwing a Pro Rmk around. cant wait :)

sledneck

Reaction score
:nono:
Okay guys
I purchased a new 800 RMK Assult in beginning of 2011, I had a 800 etec summit on snow cheq, and cancelled it for the Polaris, Was in Vegas at the Sema show and blair Morgan, and a couple other of his friends were there. Any way they talked me out of the skidoo, and into a Polaris, they told me they had over 3000 k on the new Polaris engine, and they said they really liked it.
I put 1600, miles on my sled with no issues - Im 45, and like playing in Saskatchewans snow in the north, 155 track, and love it. I was surprised how little oil it uses, and love the throttle response.
My brother sold his Yamaha apex, to heavy and cumbersom to be riding around here, I think its made for the mountains. He just picked up his 2012 Polaris 800 144 Assult.

The Polaris is a fun flick able sled to be bombin around with. And its easy on the back

I had to put up a heated garage at the cabin so we could park my other sons mountain phazer in it, Because thats the only those 4 strokes start when its colder than -25.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply sledneck. I have a 2011 switchback assault 144 that i just got as well that is going to be the wifes sled when we both go out around sask. It will be my sled when she doesnt. 2012 Pro rmk will be my mountian sled.
My buddy has a 2010 dragon that i have rode a handful of times and i liked the feel of how u could throw it around. Thats what i missed when i had the summit, that light feel of the frontend that his has and my 08 m8 had. The pro i rode lastyear for a 1/2 hour in the mountians was a 163 and the way it handled it felt way shorter than that.
I go in for surgery on thursday, hoping to atleast ride the trails abit in greenwater by say late Feb. and maybe one or two mountian rides in early march. Thats if all goes well with my foot.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the surgery, your going to love that sled. Best stock sled out there in my opinion, so easy to work on, very well engineered chassis (if they copied the Doo, they improved on it big time). With the number of these sleds that sold last year we should know very soon if the motors are going to hold up. So far it sounds like they are.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt I dont know who is more blind to the other brands him pushn' doo or Glengine and his cats (sorry Glen I had too:d). I ride m all. The name is assaultn but I ride a cat now and always look at the new models every year with open eyes. These brand pushers are just cheatn themselves.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt I dont know who is more blind to the other brands him pushn' doo or Glengine and his cats (sorry Glen I had too:d). I ride m all. The name is assaultn but I ride a cat now and always look at the new models every year with open eyes. These brand pushers are just cheatn themselves.

You said it. The big 4 come out with different things every couple years. This industry has way to many directions to go to just lock yourself in on one manufacturer. Yes they all have bad runs but they usually fix them.
Love the look of the new cat, the 800 motor is a workhorse and reliable. I almost snowchecked one but when i went to the industry show in saskatoon in spring they had somethings that i didn't like just small things but you give them that chassis in 1 to 2 years and it should work well.

This is why i went polaris this year. last year was first production and they seemed to have nailed it. So hopefully the 12 im getting works as good as the 11's

Top Bottom