Whats everyone using for radios??

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Douche, learn how to use the 655t, there is a volume adjustment! Hit the power button twice, you can turn it up or down, lock the screen, turn the brightness up or down also.
Go to garmin web site and you can order the mike / head set, throat mic / ear bud so you can wear a helmet and talk without removing your helmet or gloves.

Blew a bunch of money on a Rhino 655t "top of the line apperently". then I bought the BCA radio... Havent touched the 655t since... except for the odd GPS purpose. JUNK! There is NO volume control which I think is rediculous as it is quiet to the point I cant hear it when its in my pocket.... As there is no handset available for them. The BCA radio I can hear go off even if Im at WOT because the handset is mounted on my shoulder strap. You dont need to take gloves/helmets off to use it... The 655t is a mad scramble to get my gear off and get it out of the pocket... and usually by the time I stop riding... take my helmet / gloves off... fish it out of my pocket... The person has started riding again! NOT being bias... tried both.... The BCA radio is awesome! I think the 655T would be much better for an ATV purpose.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/sho...ver-with-push-to-talk-microphone/prod856.html

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/sho.../headset-with-boom-microphone/prod100012.html

GARMIN RINO 655T OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

Blew a bunch of money on a Rhino 655t "top of the line apperently". then I bought the BCA radio... Havent touched the 655t since... except for the odd GPS purpose. JUNK! There is NO volume control which I think is rediculous as it is quiet to the point I cant hear it when its in my pocket.... As there is no handset available for them. The BCA radio I can hear go off even if Im at WOT because the handset is mounted on my shoulder strap. You dont need to take gloves/helmets off to use it... The 655t is a mad scramble to get my gear off and get it out of the pocket... and usually by the time I stop riding... take my helmet / gloves off... fish it out of my pocket... The person has started riding again! NOT being bias... tried both.... The BCA radio is awesome! I think the 655T would be much better for an ATV purpose.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx to all for all the information on the radios. I spent some money replacing the batteries on my Mini Cobras last year and looks like they wont hold a charge again..... Throwing away too much money on junk.... Time to step up.
Have a set of BC Link radios coming.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Douche, learn how to use the 655t, there is a volume adjustment! Hit the power button twice, you can turn it up or down, lock the screen, turn the brightness up or down also.
Go to garmin web site and you can order the mike / head set, throat mic / ear bud so you can wear a helmet and talk without removing your helmet or gloves.

I'm going to punch you..... After I go turn the volume up on that thing. Lol

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have been using the rinos in the mountians for years, started with the 120 to the 530 to the 655 all work great, 120 is a work horse, cheap to buy and easy to use, polling feature is great in some tight trees, makes short order of finding someone. always carry a gps great for calling in the help,

24V E30

Reaction score
How well does the polling work on the rino 650?

Those of you with Rino's what are you guys using/carrying in case of emergency? Inreach, spot or other?

The rino seems like a nice unit but $500 and it doesn't have capability to call for emergency has me looking for a different option.

With the inreach can you do polling as well if others in your group have one too? If so I think that would be the best route to go, Inreach + bca link or one of the Chinese radios posted above.

With the Inreach it's my understanding you can view your route/track and other gps related stuff on your mobile phone?

Whats your guys thoughts??

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well does the polling work on the rino 650?

Those of you with Rino's what are you guys using/carrying in case of emergency? Inreach, spot or other?

The rino seems like a nice unit but $500 and it doesn't have capability to call for emergency has me looking for a different option.

With the inreach can you do polling as well if others in your group have one too? If so I think that would be the best route to go, Inreach + bca link or one of the Chinese radios posted above.

With the Inreach it's my understanding you can view your route/track and other gps related stuff on your mobile phone?

Whats your guys thoughts??

The polling and radios work good

JONSHOW

Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a BCA Link Radio up today, pretty wicked setup for a decent price.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm working on a group buy for the BCA Link Radios right now, if you're interested post here, or PM me, I need numbers then I can get pricing.

Rotax Mulisha

Reaction score
What is the base price for the BCA radios?
To help me decide. Possibly buy 6 radio units.
Our crew really needs communication for sledding and 4x4ing.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the base price for the BCA radios?
To help me decide. Possibly buy 6 radio units.
Our crew really needs communication for sledding and 4x4ing.

They retail for 180 each, If I put you down for 6 that brings us up to 31 on my list, plus of course I'm sure more, I'm going to inquire on pricing this morning.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
we run 5 watt VHF radios with in helmet speakers and mic. With this setup there is no need to shut off your sled to hear and the sound quality is second to none. we do have shoulder mics also that we give to the guys that don't have the helmet kit installed but they can't hear unless they shut down. after using this setup I would never go back and riding with guys that don't have them is just frustrating.

www.ruggedradios.com under specialty tab at the top of page.

Top Bottom