What does everyone do for a career?

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been in the auto industry for 10 years, started in the back washing cars for a friend of my dad's that owned a dodge jeep dealership in winnipeg.

now, work as a new car manager at stedelbauer chev in edmonton on 97th street.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a surface land agent (landman), i work for many different oil and gas companies aquiring the land rights for them to drill or put in a pipeline. Have been dong this for a little less than a year and a half, before that was in college, and before that was a welder.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im a heavy duty mechanic/shop foreman/truck driver for a rig moving company in nisku. 2nd year welder, build race engines for cars and sleds in my spare time, full time DAD/HUSBAND. and the list goes on.:D:D:D

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im a heavy duty mechanic/shop foreman/truck driver for a rig moving company in nisku. 2nd year welder, build race engines for cars and sleds in my spare time, full time DAD/HUSBAND. and the list goes on.:D:D:D

All that and you live in a Van. You make me beam with pride when I tell peeps your my friend.:):)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been driving oilfield winch trucks for the last 22 years up here in Grimshaw. I have spent the last 15 years driving for my fathers' company, moving everything from drilling rigs to seedling spruce and pine. we have 40 wheel and 9 axle combination lowbed trailers for hauling heavy equipment, as well as tridem scissorneck beds and a couple refrigerated vans for the seedlings. pa's company, Lorette Truck Service, has been in buisiness for 41 years.

sledhead65

Reaction score
I am contracted bythe chinese govt. i supervise the construction of oil rigs in china.. once the rigs are sold i contract my services to the buyers to upgrade them.. presently in saudi ..not sure if i like saudi.. i am at this moment on the iraq border..

flatlandguy

Reaction score
I didn't have time to read all 12 pages of this thread but very interesting to find out what everybody does for a pastime when they're not sledding:):):)
Lots of oilfield related careers, I didn't see any farmers!! Well I'm a food production engineer-- organic farmer-- Been farming for over 30 years , organic for 4 , sold the cows last spring so will have more time for SLEDDING this winter:D:D:D:D I love these little green smiley faces.
This site is addactive, I'm spending way too much time here but I always get a laugh at some of the posts. Time to get to work.

bigblock600

Reaction score
im majoring in conservation biology at the u of a. hopefully fisheries biology or consulting in a bit here.
terrestrial biodiversity technician during the summer.

so dont harrass any caribou ok? im watching
lol jk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been the car business for 9 years i am currently a Sales manager for Saturn Saab in Calgary. I am kinda thinking its time for a change so if any of you fellow sled friends out there think you need a great employee let me know::) you wont be dissapointed
p.s. just rode in golden yesterday and it was SICK:D

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im a Oil and Gas Production Tester. I test, oil,gas,water,condensates,and what evr comes from he ground. I am in the supervisor role so i basically just site there and collect the cash. Other than that i just drive around the province between leases and stay at each one for a few days. I was also a feild operator for CNRL and am hoping to get back into that one day soon.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a graphic artist in the marketing dept. of an engineering firm. Started out as a piping designer and jumped into graphics after 6yrs. Been with the same co. for 18 yrs now. It's worked out pretty well. Working in multimedia and video for the past couple of years which makes it even more fun.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im a Oil and Gas Production Tester. I test, oil,gas,water,condensates,and what evr comes from he ground. I am in the supervisor role so i basically just site there and collect the cash. Other than that i just drive around the province between leases and stay at each one for a few days. I was also a feild operator for CNRL and am hoping to get back into that one day soon.

CNR as in Canadian National Railway?

They are always hiring... my dad works for them and he is always looking for more workers.

But in anycase, I posted earlier in this thread but have some updated for it now!

I am a Grade 12 Student in the mornings:whipped:, and I work at a radio station in the afternoons.:headbanger: As well I am a sports music Director for several sports teams and I referee Ice Hockey. :common001:

c3burn

Reaction score
Instrument Tech with a pipeline company. I also was a plant operator for a number of years. Sometimes I want to go back to shiftwork for the time off for sledding.

Rocketman

Reaction score
Engineer by trade and now I have a business supplying castings and forgings to the mining / oil and gas industries. Never enough time to go sledding, too much working.

Looking forward to McBride weekend before Xmas.

Not_the_wife

Reaction score
I work the EH&S department of an industrial boiler maitenance company,
my day consists of 20 % actual work 20% looking on ebay for stuff to buy 10% googleing just about anything i can think of to look like im busy 20% satifying my facebook addiction and 30% looking at all the posts on snow and mud.com

Top Bottom