What did you do for your ATV today?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now what's screwed on it?

They finally decided to check the PCV valve thats spitting oil into the airbox (1/2 litre per ride) and my clutch is slipping every time I go into water deeper than the floor boards (leaking factory clutch seal) and my front right brake line fell out. Great, huh? :d

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They finally decided to check the PCV valve thats spitting oil into the airbox (1/2 litre per ride) and my clutch is slipping every time I go into water deeper than the floor boards (leaking factory clutch seal) and my front right brake line fell out. Great, huh? :d

The clutch seal will probably never hold water out unless you use a silicone or gasket maker behind the primary clutch......... It sounds like they have had this problem for a long time.........it just takes another step of homemade engineering to fix it.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clutch seal will probably never hold water out unless you use a silicone or gasket maker behind the primary clutch......... It sounds like they have had this problem for a long time.........it just takes another step of homemade engineering to fix it.

Behind the clutch? You you mean where the clutch attaches to the transmission?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well started my Unicrap power steering install after lunch today,.. everything going alright,..
IMG_3470.jpg

Except they want you to cut the end of your steering shaft 1/8". Okay fine, but why didn't the stupid engineer that designed it change the bend in the bracket about 2deg,.. all would have been good.
IMG_3471.jpg

Then I went to install the steering shaft from the motor to the rack and this was my surprise,.. shaft is TOO BLINKING LONG!

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

So now once again I am back to modifying a product that should have been done right in the first place,..:nono:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, I removed my front suspension and regreased the A-Arm bushings. Changed the engine oil, and picked up some gearbox oil and differential oil, along with a spark plug.

Tomorrows project will be to remove all my decals and prepare for my new decal kit.

Also, does anyone know where to buy pelican cases? I need one for my EFI chip.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed my resi shocks I got from Albertan(Dean)

Thanks again Dean for the great deal,.. you are :thumbsup2: in my book

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the 2" lift on and rad relocated . I will post pics tomorrow , Thanks for the lift AreWeThereYet:):):):)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the 2" lift on and rad relocated . I will post pics tomorrow , Thanks for the lift AreWeThereYet:):):):)

Np, hope it went well,.. looking forward to your pics,.. After looking at Bryce's cage I'm going to be able to relocate my snorkels in a better way.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wholesale sports or Crappy Tire I know sells them

I stopped in at Wholesale sports and they don't carry Pelican cases anymore. Canadian tire doesn't list them on their website either, so I'm not sure they have them. I'm guessing MEC has them, but they are always so much more expensive. Any other suggestions on where to get Pelican cases in the Edmonton area?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped in at Wholesale sports and they don't carry Pelican cases anymore. Canadian tire doesn't list them on their website either, so I'm not sure they have them. I'm guessing MEC has them, but they are always so much more expensive. Any other suggestions on where to get Pelican cases in the Edmonton area?

Campers village has them, that is where I got mine!

markiedog

Reaction score
it would be intresting to see some pictures of this. Ive been thinking about figuring a way to move the radiator up where the winch goes and the winch to the radiator.

It is not completely finished yet but when it is I will definitly post some pictures.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
===== QUOTE Sweigh ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Campers village has them, that is where I got mine!

Do u have a midfield supply there? That's where I got mine..... Or MRC I think they go by as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
New steering post to replace the bent one form a previous roll over. New headlight assembly she is all good to go!!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked in on 'er... Still in the waiting room, possibly tomorrow the doctor is gonna have a look at whats causing excessive blood the the nasal cavity on my XP.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finished the power steering install tonight,... WOW one finger steering WITH the machine not moving. Can't wait for the ride this weekend,..

Going to be painting the cage tomorrow and installing it :thumbsup2:

Top Bottom