What did you do for your ATV today?

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got some pricing on my front differential:eek::eek::eek:
$1800 for parts to rebuild it plus about 4 hours labour on top
or $2400 for an entire new diff at one dealership...
or $1800 for an entire new diff at another
or $1890 for an entire new diff at another

Makes a guy wonder where this pricing comes from:confused::confused::confused:

can anybody beat these prices???? for a new front diff on an 08 750 Brute Force.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

can anybody beat these prices???? for a new front diff on an 08 750 Brute Force.

If the ring and pinion are okay, replace the bearings, seals, cage, I would guess around $1000 if you can build it yourself. But you must first see what parts you can save,

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on some new 28" zillas today and awhile ago put on foot pegs and the rear cargo box/seat!!!! Now I'm ready for spring :d

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 183

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put in a new battery. Then it still wouldn't start. Had to adjust the vales then it started no problem. Ordered a couple new plastic pieces that got broken in the shed over winter. Once they come in i'll clean er up like new and throw it on kijiji. Going to get rid of it before I have to spend any more money on it :)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Check out the for sale sections on Kawie riders & highlifter , there are lots of brute diffs kickin around.......

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
re-jetted to a 45 pilot jet and installed my new easy adjust pms screw......no more burnt knuckles lol

Attachments

• easyadjust1.jpg
    easyadjust1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 141
  • easyadjust2.jpg
    easyadjust2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 137
  • easyadjust3.jpg
    easyadjust3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 137

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called, got mad... Won't be done 'till about tuesday after they told me I could get it by the weekend... My brakes aren't covered by warranty.....

Basically when I get it back I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch still leaked (it sounds like they put little attention to the clutch) and I wouldn't be surprised if it still spat oil into the airbox. They said there was cloth in it somewhere.... I doubt the PCV was even looked at. :mad:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called, got mad... Won't be done 'till about tuesday after they told me I could get it by the weekend... My brakes aren't covered by warranty.....

Basically when I get it back I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch still leaked (it sounds like they put little attention to the clutch) and I wouldn't be surprised if it still spat oil into the airbox. They said there was cloth in it somewhere.... I doubt the PCV was even looked at. :mad:

That's dealerships for you.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah once she's off warranty your better off with a smaller reputable preferably personally owned repair shop. IMO

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many km's do you have on it. Just curious on the brakes,I get 500 km to a set..

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man i just did my rear pads at 2500km did the front at 1800km you guys use you brakes way to much. sorry to hear the dealer's screwing you around, been there done that wont go bad fix it myself. Pulled the girlfriends parents trx300 out of the shed adjusted the valves and went for burn, fun little quad just dosn't have the power.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man i just did my rear pads at 2500km did the front at 1800km you guys use you brakes way to much. sorry to hear the dealer's screwing you around, been there done that wont go bad fix it myself. Pulled the girlfriends parents trx300 out of the shed adjusted the valves and went for burn, fun little quad just dosn't have the power.

Thanks man, I'm taking it to the dealer b/c its still under warranty. But I've never been a fan of service from any dealer except Lakewood Chev.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
===== QUOTE mudd kitty ====

My Wolfman just picked up a Genesis chip for our 420 anyone know if they are any good?

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

Those the ones on ebay that give 30hp? If so then sorry to say but got ripped off. They do nothing.

They may be on ebay?? Not sure he got it for $20 from a dude he works with. He had bought it for his dad and his dad sold his quad... And that sucks! We will give it a try anyways

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm taking it to the dealer b/c its still under warranty. But I've never been a fan of service from any dealer except Lakewood Chev.

I don't get why they cant fix the dam thing finally. If they fail again it may be worth the drive out to elk island or some thing.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get why they cant fix the dam thing finally. If they fail again it may be worth the drive out to elk island or some thing.

I've heard good things about dealers in smaller towns. I might have to make the trip just to keep it in warranty. If they find me tampering then warranty is done. :(

When I pick it up I'm going to ask them "what will you do for me if it has oil in the box/clutch leaks again?"

And "Have you checked to make sure it's ACTUALLY fixed?"

But why should they care? I'm a 17 year old "kid" that they could really give a damn about because what do I know about quads? :rolleyes: Apperintly I've owned several and built 3 race quads. I'm my friends' go-to guy about jetting.

Top Bottom