What did you do for your ATV today?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also installed Cecco steering post brace. No pics, cause ya can't really see it. As someone who has owned 4 Canned Hams, my advice to all Can Am owners is to hit E-Bay and get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some rear bearings today, not really a big fan of Yamahas design with having no outer seal.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got under the dump bed and cleaned out all the mud packed in around the rear diff. Thinking about drilling holes in the rear skid plate so some of the crap that accumulates back there can fall/drain out. It's difficult to even clean well in there with a pressure washer because there's nowhere for stuff to go. Anyone ever put some extra holes in aluminum skid plates for something like this?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got under the dump bed and cleaned out all the mud packed in around the rear diff. Thinking about drilling holes in the rear skid plate so some of the crap that accumulates back there can fall/drain out. It's difficult to even clean well in there with a pressure washer because there's nowhere for stuff to go. Anyone ever put some extra holes in aluminum skid plates for something like this?
I'm considering the same thing with my Yamaha aluminium armour, I was even thinking of changing it back to plastic cause it has drain holes everywhere

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup. Did it to the rear skid on the new Renny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here with my stuff, get it so one can boot the crap before it piles up and takes out a seal or bearing.

Mod too were we can get at stiff is what's needed to curb the cost of replacement on every thing we own.

Pal Lem

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, thanks guys! I've got a buddy with a plasma cutter and I've already cut a bit more of the access hole to get at the belt if I ever need to change it on the trail so I guess the rear skid is next. I was actually surprised how much cheap was in there and it was really hard. Chipping away for a while with a screwdriver to loosen it up.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pal in Ponoka made some fast repair tools too keep his units freen and clean of build up.

He made low-water pressure pipes with different angles so he can loosen up the hard to get at smagg, then he can adapped them to his "regulated" pressure washer to move more of it with out getting into the seals.

He modded his skid plate so it stays on the frame better and has it so it can be removed with counter sunk bolts in-case his units scrape rocks.
Welded nuts on back side so he does not need too reach in there to bolt things up.

Pal Nordegg came up with the small needle grees thing for CV joints to push water and mud out over time,,, 2 X's a year for my riding style,,, factory CV's were bone dry from factoy at 100 hour service, and one only needed too be there too watch the 4 oz of water come out when filling...

He had his hand up in there when filling to make sure we did not over fill CV-boot to prevent it from blowing off or exploding,,, small pin hole yes, but dry CV-joint even worser.

2 cents of trying some-thing too make the ride last a few years

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checking the crops.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 93

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New circuit breaker came for fan override mod that didn't work so swapped it out and works great now.

Top Bottom