What did you do for your ATV today?

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it stuck pretty bad trying to cross a narrow section between 2 big mud holes. Ground gave way on passenger side and ended up with about 6 inches of mud around my passengers feet. Got pulled out backwards and then made it across the next attempt.
Washed it out once back to camp.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just replaced both rear wheel bearings and brakes on the razor, both inner bearing races were ceased to the shaft and had to cut off with dremal ,bearings we both full of dirt ,but were not loose but had a little grinding noise

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busted them all up. Those funky rivets holding the skid plate on my Outlander let go, skid plate magled and remaining bolts broken - luck, just a bout took out tire and rim too. Blew the stator seal on one Grizzly and lost all engine oil - don't know how long it was running without oil. Pretty much burned out the wet clutch on the other Grizzly. ...think we will be sitting out for a week or two. :(

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is stupid to rivet the skid plate on,so every time you want to work or clean the under carriage you have to drill out the rivets and buy new ones,before you put it back on you should replace the rivet holes with bolt inserts

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is stupid to rivet the skid plate on,so every time you want to work or clean the under carriage you have to drill out the rivets and buy new ones,before you put it back on you should replace the rivet holes with bolt inserts

It's not a typical rivet. It's a rivet that has a nut for the skid plat to bolt into. The theory behind them seems good - you can always replace the rivet if you strip the nut or break a bolt - but apparently, you have to worry about them popping out! The skids were installed by the dealership, so hopefully they'll take care of me.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Those riv-nuts take some finessing to install, and the tool breaks easily. So, to tighten them into the frame properly, it's best to use one of the bolts. My guess is that they didn't do the bolt step, and the riv-nuts just weren't installed tight.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bent a tie rod on the weekend, on my buggy, them trees have no business being in my way !, luckily the folks at R. R. fixed me up with another one at a descent price !!, and I installed it today,... Ready for the Jamboree !!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bent a tie rod on the weekend, on my buggy, them trees have no business being in my way !, luckily the folks at R. R. fixed me up with another one at a descent price !!, and I installed it today,... Ready for the Jamboree !!!
ti rod not to bad, sure throws steering off though.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When are you getting in ?

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to fix the front brake lever on my sons quad this time... My son has had a rough week but he's learning and hasn't got hurt so that's all good. Hit a rut on a side hill and rolled it breaking off the brake lever. Since Etons distributor went under last year finding the matching lever has been a challenge without ordering online but I'm trying to avoid that because of the upcoming postal work stoppage! Think I've found one I can modify to make it fit.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unloaded from the toyhauler.

Loaded in the enclosed to take for first service

Top Bottom