welfare

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn Man you scared hell out of me.I get my pot supplied by the government so you guys pay for it too.That way I can spend my cheque on beer.That would really cramp my life style.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me too much if people want to spend their own hard earned money on drugs and excess alcohol and what not, as long as it doesn't intrude on my life... But it's not acceptable when the public is paying for it.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
It doesn't bother me too much if people want to spend their own hard earned money on drugs and excess alcohol and what not, as long as it doesn't intrude on my life... But it's not acceptable when the public is paying for it.

Kinda livin in a bubble there bud! We ALL pay for drug and alcohol abuse. Where do you think your taxes go? Extra police needed, increased crime and theft, vehicle theft, prisons, courts, the list goes on and on. You may not 'think' you are paying for it, but we all are...

They just interviewed a bunch of kids at our high schools, and some as young as grade 8 and they concluded that it is easier for a grade 8 kid to buy pot or ecstasy than booze. Not real comforting...

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda livin in a bubble there bud! We ALL pay for drug and alcohol abuse. Where do you think your taxes go? Extra police needed, increased crime and theft, vehicle theft, prisons, courts, the list goes on and on. You may not 'think' you are paying for it, but we all are...

They just interviewed a bunch of kids at our high schools, and some as young as grade 8 and they concluded that it is easier for a grade 8 kid to buy pot or ecstasy than booze. Not real comforting...
really though, been that way for many, many years now!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No arguement at all from me...just pointing out that we all are affected and paying for it in some way...
true, but i think the point is, at least working people buy the drugs/alcohol with their OWN money, not ours!!! the down the road costs are picked up by tax payers for sure, but we shouldn't have to pay for it up front as well

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Heard on the radio in Ontario a few years back that they made a new rule that if you were on welfare your second!!!!! vehicle couldn't be worth more than $5000.00!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...not NB...but at least somebody is headed in the right direction...

Top Bottom