We Remember our Best Friends

found

Reaction score
Thank you Glen, Brian, Ron, Curtis and Sherry for your memories. As alot of you already know I am Albert's (Lost) wife and Sherry's (Smiley's) mom. He was my best friend for 35 years and I am definately LOST without him. I have not said much of anything on hear thru all of this because I just could not find the words.

Smiley said this past year has been hard, (that is putting it mildly). What Smiley did not mention is that tragedy struck this family again in April. "Rest in Peace Cody Maves". My kids grew up with the Mave's family. Cody was like another son to me and a brother to Sherry.

The 2008/09 season was just horrid for alot of families and their friends. As this thread says "We remember our Best Friends"
None of us will ever forget our friends and loved ones and we have the memories to hang onto.

I know the next 2 monthes for me are going to be really rough but I will get thru them and so will everyone else. I still ride my sled when I can. Riding was a family thing for 25 years and that is still how I relax and now, feel close to Albert (Lost).

For all the bad things that have happened to my family I just can't bring myself to walk away from it. The support that we recieved from all the friends in the snowmobiling community is overwhelming, but greatly appreciated.

What makes it the hardest at times is the fact that he (Lost) was so well known and at times I feel like I'm trying to carry on for him, but no one can ever fill his shoes and they should not try......

All those that have been lost are watching over us and will never be forgotten as long as we have our memories.....:beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes... We must remember all the fallen Sledders! Each and everyone of the "fallen" had families, friends and lives. Here is the lives that they lived and the hearts that they touched!!!!:beer:

I miss my dad very much, and not a day goes by that I dont miss him, need him. I moved my office into his and hung up my Fav pic of him and I on my wedding day... it makes me feel just a little bit closer to him. The Smell the of the Cigar smoke has now passed, but every now and then I light one and just let in burn. Just for the smell. I must drive my hubby crazy because I always challenge his thoughts or ideas, cause I always try and think what my dad would do...
With work ( His company ) I always just try and make him proud. Thats about all we can do. Hold on the the momories and the moments, keep them close to our hearts.

The thing I miss the most which is kinda funny, cause I hated it when he was here. He used to call me " Aww Princess... or Anything for Princess Sherry" ( in short AFPS ) man I hated when he called me that. But now anytime I think of it, it makes me smile.

Glen, Rick, Sara and the rest of you ...this does not give you permission to call me that I will hurt you.

The 1 year to alot of things is comming up, my wedding and then 2 weeks after his death. It has been a very hard year.

But we can never forget, I know that I never will

Thank you Glen, Brian, Ron, Curtis and Sherry for your memories. As alot of you already know I am Albert's (Lost) wife and Sherry's (Smiley's) mom. He was my best friend for 35 years and I am definately LOST without him. I have not said much of anything on hear thru all of this because I just could not find the words.

Smiley said this past year has been hard, (that is putting it mildly). What Smiley did not mention is that tragedy struck this family again in April. "Rest in Peace Cody Maves". My kids grew up with the Mave's family. Cody was like another son to me and a brother to Sherry.

The 2008/09 season was just horrid for alot of families and their friends. As this thread says "We remember our Best Friends"
None of us will ever forget our friends and loved ones and we have the memories to hang onto.

I know the next 2 monthes for me are going to be really rough but I will get thru them and so will everyone else. I still ride my sled when I can. Riding was a family thing for 25 years and that is still how I relax and now, feel close to Albert (Lost).

For all the bad things that have happened to my family I just can't bring myself to walk away from it. The support that we recieved from all the friends in the snowmobiling community is overwhelming, but greatly appreciated.

What makes it the hardest at times is the fact that he (Lost) was so well known and at times I feel like I'm trying to carry on for him, but no one can ever fill his shoes and they should not try......

All those that have been lost are watching over us and will never be forgotten as long as we have our memories.....:beer:

Well said to both of you, Smiley & Lost.

I never knew Albert as well as alot of others here did, and I also knew Cody Maves through Trail Seekers Events @ Martin. However, the biggest honor I had through all of this tragedy was being asked by RKnight111 on behalf of the family to do the "video tribute" to Albert. From only meeting the guy a dozen or so times, I found it very difficult to do, now hearing stories of his greatness through Powdergirl as well as others, I know he would want us all to carry on his memory by sledding. Yes, we all have memories of riding along side these people but fear not everyone, everytime you ride, these people are right there with you, watching over you, cheering you on, and giving you all the support they did when they were physically there.

I can make the video tribute into a DVD for ANYONE who would like one, however I will not have them available till March as I am in the process of moving.

Smiley, Found & Family ride on, ride proud. You know Albert is right there beside you every mile!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
R.I.P Dad
Coral
Alana

You will always be on my mind and in my heart

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have the Albert *Lost* Sticker Curtis posted before on almost everything I own.

My snowboard helmet, Bmx helmet, Sled helmet. My sled, My bike, My revo, My phone, My Ipod. I want one for my lacrosse helmet and stick.

I was young when I knew him, But the times I met him, He was a great person.

R.I.P. Albert, Highmark the heavens.

(Ps, Rip every other sledder now highmarking the heavens.)

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We here in Whitecourt sure miss Gundy alot. He was great man and was a role model for many of us younger sledders. He was a holder of many wonderful values. RIP Dale.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We here in Whitecourt sure miss Gundy alot. He was great man and was a role model for many of us younger sledders. He was a holder of many wonderful values. RIP Dale.

That is for sure. Great role model for all sledders. Another guy that had a untimely death doing something he loved to do. Missed by many, real community booster.

Top Bottom