We Remember our Best Friends

CB1

Reaction score
Last year in April we lost one of the best friends a guy could have to a tragic sledding accident on the rideout at Silent pass. I miss him and think about him daily! Its been a tough year to say the least! I still love sledding and wish I could ride with Dan again. In his memory I though it might be a good idea to start a thread where we can post pictures or prayers, thoughts and memories of our lost sledders. Where we can remember the good times and celebrate their lives. This is Dan and this how I remember him. We love you and miss you! For all of you that knew him enjoy his memory and for all of you who didn't know he would have had a beer and laughed with each and every one of you!

Attachments

• Dan.jpg
    Dan.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Silent Pass.jpg
    Silent Pass.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 42

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I myself, haven't had to experience anything as traumatic as that. Being with a family member/friend when something like this happens would be a very difficult thing to deal with. Keep his memories going, no one is truly gone from you until the memories stop. It's nice to see you celebrate his life. Here's to hoping you never have to experience anything like that again. :beer: And here's to Dan. :beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
R.I.P. DAN.........:beer:

R.I.P. ALBERT.........:beer:

R.I.P. CODY ...........:beer:

R.I.P. RYAN.............:beer:

R.I.P. PAT...........:beer:

R.I.P. ALL LAST YEARS FALLEN SLEDDERS...........:beer:

R.I.P. ALL THIS YEARS FALLEN SLEDDERS(SO FAR)..........:beer:

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year we lost way to many friends and fellow sledding buddies. Many of us here at Snow and Mud and The Snow Angels lost our friend Albert Beck. There isnt a day go by that I am not at sometime think of him. Maybe its lunch meeting or call him at work or to think of what Albert would do about this or that. Now that sledding season is here I miss his humor and good friendship and sitting around the room after a day of riding having a few drinks.He was such a good helper with the club anybodies sled problem or with the ASA. Many people miss him dearly.
My only thing I can be happy for is that he died doing something he loved to do. That is why we are still riding and will continue to go to the mountains He always joked about being hit by a bus full of Nuns or something like that.
Its coming up to a year now and with time the hurt and missing will get less but in the end we still lost a very good friend that has been missed in many ways.
Miss you Albert RIP

Albert on the yellow sled Fox Creek last year

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 52

CB1

Reaction score
Cheers SledderGlen, I concur with your comments. I think its important to remember these great people.:beer:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Great thread. Remember those that are not with us anymore. RIP to them.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I miss our friend Albert, miss working and shooting the crap out at his garage, miss riding in his truck being the sign drill operator. Smelling that cigar that hung out of his mouth most of the time. And just his presence of him watching out for all of us with a big smile making sure we were all having a great day in. I know he's watching over us now. The last day in blue with Albert will be on my mind forever, the fact that I was the last person to be with him alive will be an honor I will cherish for my lifetime.

Last year was a tough year for alot of sledders and there familes. There was alot of great people that passed. And there was also alot of worried familys for the people that just went out sledding to have some fun. This year although there has been a few fatalities it hasn't been the weekly news. I believe that the snowpack is better and our knowledge is better. We have learned to make different decisions. I know Im having issues with hills and mountains and thanks to my friends for not pushing me and giving me time.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer: To all your Friends and Family lost in last years Avy season. God Bless!

Awesome thread!!! :Snowmobile1:: Ride On Gentlemen!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think of Albert often as well...We miss you.
Last year we lost way to many friends and fellow sledding buddies. Many of us here at Snow and Mud and The Snow Angels lost our friend Albert Beck. There isnt a day go by that I am not at sometime think of him. Maybe its lunch meeting or call him at work or to think of what Albert would do about this or that. Now that sledding season is here I miss his humor and good friendship and sitting around the room after a day of riding having a few drinks.He was such a good helper with the club anybodies sled problem or with the ASA. Many people miss him dearly.
My only thing I can be happy for is that he died doing something he loved to do. That is why we are still riding and will continue to go to the mountains He always joked about being hit by a bus full of Nuns or something like that.
Its coming up to a year now and with time the hurt and missing will get less but in the end we still lost a very good friend that has been missed in many ways.
Miss you Albert RIP

Albert on the yellow sled Fox Creek last year

Attachments

• Albert_photo.jpg
    Albert_photo.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ALBERT_03.21.09.jpg
    ALBERT_03.21.09.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 260

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss our friend Albert, miss working and shooting the crap out at his garage, miss riding in his truck being the sign drill operator. Smelling that cigar that hung out of his mouth most of the time. And just his presence of him watching out for all of us with a big smile making sure we were all having a great day in. I know he's watching over us now. The last day in blue with Albert will be on my mind forever, the fact that I was the last person to be with him alive will be an honor I will cherish for my lifetime.

Last year was a tough year for alot of sledders and there familes. There was alot of great people that passed. And there was also alot of worried familys for the people that just went out sledding to have some fun. This year although there has been a few fatalities it hasn't been the weekly news. I believe that the snowpack is better and our knowledge is better. We have learned to make different decisions. I know Im having issues with hills and mountains and thanks to my friends for not pushing me and giving me time.

Last year certainly made me stop and think. Not having a lot of experience in the mountains, did not even realize how dangerous it can be out there. While I loved every trip I've been on (Kakwa, Tumbler Ridge, Renshaw, Blue River, Chappel), I am much more careful and cognizant of the dangers. Thanks to rknight111 for starting this site and all the other peeps that have shared their experiences and knowledge for those of us that are not as "mountain savy" as I'm sure this site and the peeps contributions on it have saved some lives because of greater awareness.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In memory of Albert Beck
Will always miss Albert's comments, support and advise
Have yet to meet a man that will help anyone that had a problem, like Albert did.
Always fixing or assiting someone on the trail with their sled
But most of all the days we spent in his groomer, grooming Ministik - lots of talk & BS - great times, miss ya....
Some pictures for us to enjoy "In memory of Albert Beck"

Attachments

• 2008-01-12_Sled_Milage_DSCN0448.jpg
    2008-01-12_Sled_Milage_DSCN0448.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2008-01-12_Sled_Milage_DSCN0466.jpg
    2008-01-12_Sled_Milage_DSCN0466.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2008-02-06_Grooming_DSCN0581.jpg
    2008-02-06_Grooming_DSCN0581.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2008-02-06_Grooming_DSCN0559.jpg
    2008-02-06_Grooming_DSCN0559.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 40

Smiley

Reaction score
Yes... We must remember all the fallen Sledders! Each and everyone of the "fallen" had families, friends and lives. Here is the lives that they lived and the hearts that they touched!!!!:beer:

I miss my dad very much, and not a day goes by that I dont miss him, need him. I moved my office into his and hung up my Fav pic of him and I on my wedding day... it makes me feel just a little bit closer to him. The Smell the of the Cigar smoke has now passed, but every now and then I light one and just let in burn. Just for the smell. I must drive my hubby crazy because I always challenge his thoughts or ideas, cause I always try and think what my dad would do...
With work ( His company ) I always just try and make him proud. Thats about all we can do. Hold on the the momories and the moments, keep them close to our hearts.

The thing I miss the most which is kinda funny, cause I hated it when he was here. He used to call me " Aww Princess... or Anything for Princess Sherry" ( in short AFPS ) man I hated when he called me that. But now anytime I think of it, it makes me smile.

Glen, Rick, Sara and the rest of you ...this does not give you permission to call me that I will hurt you.

The 1 year to alot of things is comming up, my wedding and then 2 weeks after his death. It has been a very hard year.

But we can never forget, I know that I never will

Top Bottom