Valemount theft issues

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any issues with people stealing or screwing with your stuff during the night in valemount. I hve heard some stories but for the most part I hear it is pretty quiet. I am little concerned with my trailer as it has no where to lock anything down.

Hooligen

Reaction score
I spend a bit of time in Vale and If you stay at the Best Western they have a kinda gated parking lot, and I was told the staff keep an eye on things through the night. I have never had a problem there knock wood.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Park back to back if possible and or pull a fuse fromTruck so it won't start. I've never been to vale yet ( Sunday will be my first time) but have heard whore stories in the past

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes stayed at the best western they lock the gate and park a vehicle in the drive through part, nobody getting in or out on the road part anyways. without going through the front desk.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your trailer double axle, if so run a heavy duty chain through both wheels and lock it from back side. Yes best western is great place but not always able to book there. I go to vale often and never had problems yet. Be first off the hill and last to leave parking lot, because everybody else will just park around you and block you in. That is a good thing. Good luck

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really worried about the truck or trailer getting stolen. I'm more concerned with the sleds on the trailer nd the expensive parts on the sleds. The clamps for the skis don't have locks so I'm thinking of running chains through the a arms and skis of the two sleds.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really worried about the truck or trailer getting stolen. I'm more concerned with the sleds on the trailer nd the expensive parts on the sleds. The clamps for the skis don't have locks so I'm thinking of running chains through the a arms and skis of the two sleds.

You could use a heavy duty cable lock to lock the sleds together. If you have gas cans you can lock them in there too.. We didn't lock our gas cans up last year and some beauty stole 3 of them from the box of the truck. The awesome part is they were empty!

turbo nytro

Reaction score
I've ridden Vale for many yrs , never had a problem . recommend the best western just for the parking lot being watched & gated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Park back to back if possible and or pull a fuse fromTruck so it won't start. I've never been to vale yet ( Sunday will be my first time) but have heard whore stories in the past
everybody loves a good whore story.

I've been riding Valemount for years and haven't had a problem so far with theft or vandalism. stayed at the old hotel, the BW, and the PML with no issues....trailer wheels chained together and ignition disabled every time just in case though.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the wife's sled two weekends ago and don't remember hitting anything the first day. On the ride up the next day i noticed the sled darting back and forth with the one ski's flopping downward when the ski came off the ground, and my bottom a arm was bent to ch!t. I wouldn't think if someone was going to steal parts that they would put the bent parts back on the sled,but i swear i never hit anything(that's what i told the wife after i replaced the $200 part). I don't drink while sledding and i'm pretty sure i would have noticed this on the ride back to the truck. I was in valemount and it was on a sled deck. That would take some balls to rip parts off and replace them with broken ones i hope that this is not true , but i wouldn't doubt it!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the wife's sled two weekends ago and don't remember hitting anything the first day. On the ride up the next day i noticed the sled darting back and forth with the one ski's flopping downward when the ski came off the ground, and my bottom a arm was bent to ch!t. I wouldn't think if someone was going to steal parts that they would put the bent parts back on the sled,but i swear i never hit anything(that's what i told the wife after i replaced the $200 part). I don't drink while sledding and i'm pretty sure i would have noticed this on the ride back to the truck. I was in valemount and it was on a sled deck. That would take some balls to rip parts off and replace them with broken ones i hope that this is not true , but i wouldn't doubt it!
hence the sig, lol

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They have whores in Valemount? I think you meant to say Horror stories, didn't you?? LOL

oly

Reaction score
I also have been Sledding mcbride and valemount area since 2005 and golden area 2001-2005. I have never had any issues with vandalism or theft.. I few fist fights maybe after too many cocktails buuut thats no big deal. I have stayed at just about all the inn's and I just make a point to be under or around the street lamp. I have always felt safe in Valemount and Mcbride but honestly I never get that warm feeling when I'm in Golden or Revy.. That is why I stick to this area! Even the sledders are more helpful either on the hill or at the hotel, and it's tough to beat the local businesses and how they will go out of thier way to to help!

Hooligen

Reaction score
I also have been Sledding mcbride and valemount area since 2005 and golden area 2001-2005. I have never had any issues with vandalism or theft.. I few fist fights maybe after too many cocktails buuut thats no big deal. I have stayed at just about all the inn's and I just make a point to be under or around the street lamp. I have always felt safe in Valemount and Mcbride but honestly I never get that warm feeling when I'm in Golden or Revy.. That is why I stick to this area! Even the sledders are more helpful either on the hill or at the hotel, and it's tough to beat the local businesses and how they will go out of thier way to to help!

X2 top shelf hospitality.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im sorry dude and I'm not bashing you, but do you really think that someone took the time to remove your a arms and associated parts and replaced them with broken or bent ones while it was on a deck in a hotel parking lot? Thats funny.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry dude and I'm not bashing you, but do you really think that someone took the time to remove your a arms and associated parts and replaced them with broken or bent ones while it was on a deck in a hotel parking lot? Thats funny.
I knew this would get some attention ( like i said i used it as an excuse for my wife). I do ride in the trees and i'm well aware when i hit ch!t as i usually have to cut them down to get out. I hope that this is not the case and i love Valemount and believe that my sled/truck is safe there, But i know that criminals travel and can show up any where, and i agree it's probably not the case i'm just bored at work and love to stir the pot. I'm not saying this was the case but i'm sure this has happened to someone before with parts being stolen but not replaced. I couldn't rap my head around were this happened so on the 4 hr drive home this is what i came up with!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was true i'm glad they put the one broken a arm back on so i could still ride!

Top Bottom