Valemount or Mcbride? which is better?

kpelsma

Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering, im pretty new to mountain riding and ive been to valemount once and was just wondering if i could get some input on which place is better riding and which place has bigger hills? :confused::mountainClimb:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Number of questions first. What you riding? What experience do you have? Who do you ride with? How much do you want to work?
Just a few ??? before we can give you some advice. Hope you get back with some info.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spend alot of time in both. valemount gets my vote. way more areas. more options in town

but why not stay in valemount and you its only 45 min to mcbride you can try both!!!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spend alot of time in both. valemount gets my vote. way more areas. more options in town

but why not stay in valemount and you its only 45 min to mcbride you can try both!!!

EXACTLY . you really have to try them both for yourself to figure out what you like best. Everyone has their different perception of what a "good" area is. so like maxwell said they are only 45mins apart try em both :d

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both places have their pros and cons.But all I can suggest is which ever one you ride,ride with someone that knows the area and I'm sure you'll have fun with either.

kpelsma

Reaction score
Number of questions first. What you riding? What experience do you have? Who do you ride with? How much do you want to work?
Just a few ??? before we can give you some advice. Hope you get back with some info.

I ride a 2009 yamaha apex 162" (stock for now) All the people I ride with have 800cc and no smaller of atrack than a 151". My experience is mostly ditch banging a but I want to learn STEEP AND DEEP!:Snowmobile1:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2009 yamaha apex 162" (stock for now) All the people I ride with have 800cc and no smaller of atrack than a 151". My experience is mostly ditch banging a but I want to learn STEEP AND DEEP!:Snowmobile1:

I suggest that you find a guide to take you out and show you the ropes. An avy course would definately be a wise choice prior to going, but not necessary if you are going with a guide and let him or her know that you have no avy training.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always liked Valmount until a local showed me around McBride now its got my vote. Bad thing about Mcbride all gas stations got ethonol in there gas. but the riding in nice and close to town!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to both many times. Mcbride gets my vote just because of its shear size and different riding areas.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Valemount. Can usually find some fresh. Don't go to Mcbride as much as don't know the area. Valemount is closer:eek:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like vale better just for the fact that every time ive went to mcbride theres been zero viz, never had a good ride there,,,,but thats prob more just luck of the draw

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Come on down to McBride we have some great guides that will take you out and show you not only some good spots to ride but are full of help for tuning your mountain skills.... Check us out

Shifty

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just re-stating the fact that either area is good and ANY area can be great depending on conditions. Your sled will take you anywhere you need to go, but just remember...you always have to come down!. Do any of the people you ride with have mountian riding experience?
P.S- Ditch banging just won't be enough after you've been to the 'big' hills:d
Good luck and wherever you end up going, post some pics:cool:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode both areas perfer Mcbride closer riding areas, good people and cheap acomadations.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
valemount gets my vote :d

very user friendly, easy navigation and the jewel chappell creek has to be the safest and deepest snow you will find in the valley

kpelsma

Reaction score
Ya thats sounds like a great idea, i think im gonna do that! thanks

Top Bottom