valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got stopped friday evening leaving town. Buddy recieved a ticket for the break away not working. Fixed it and on our way. Nobodys fault but his and had no issue getting the ticket. The rc's were stern but polite and we ended up joking with them after. They had a couple of semi's pulled over as well so not really just focusing on the sledders.
With the bad press we recieve due to avy incidents we aren't helping our cause showing up with our sleds not secured properly, trailers not working properly, illegal lights and so on.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the sleds the only thing they are woried about being tied down what about all the gas cans, tool boxes, brooms, boots. coats, helmets, all this can fly around also????

A couple of years back a buddy was fined for not having two empty jerry cans and his gear bag tied down inside his trailer.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of years back a buddy was fined for not having two empty jerry cans and his gear bag tied down inside his trailer.

wow....we usually have at least something in our enclosed "unsecured" like a gear bag, tool box, etc.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, they're just trying to keep everyone on the road safe. :rolleyes:

Exactly. If I had a nickel for every time Ive come across an accident where people had been killed by unsecured empty jerry cans............

Its all about safety. $$$$:rolleyes:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. If I had a nickel for every time Ive come across an accident where people had been killed by unsecured empty jerry cans............

Its all about safety. $$$$:rolleyes:

empty jerry can in an enclosed i don't think such a big deal,......
however on another note i used to drive truck with a guy about 10yrs or so back, he got in an accident about 5yr ago now was killed by his thermos of coffee:eek::eek: had it sitting in the sleeper, he hit the ditch thermos came flying forward and cranked him in the back of the head doa. end of story.
sometimes the most unlikely thing is the deadliest.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i actually had a good experience with the police in town on friday night. hauling about 8 drunk people around in a 6 seater vehicle...asked if i was drinking...nope...asked if it was my sled in the back and gave me some advice as to how to properly tie it down. and off we went no fines. never mentiond the lack of seatbelts :D and people sitting on the center console.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It's obvious they know who you are.... mike dropped an M-bomb at the checkstop and they waved us thru and called mike "sir"....

I heard another in your clan was not so lucky with the local authorities...

i actually had a good experience with the police in town on friday night. hauling about 8 drunk people around in a 6 seater vehicle...asked if i was drinking...nope...asked if it was my sled in the back and gave me some advice as to how to properly tie it down. and off we went no fines. never mentiond the lack of seatbelts :D and people sitting on the center console.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
We recieved 2 warnings both for a slip tank.
1) Slip tank bolted to frame of truck not good enough has to have metal bands that run around tank bolted to truck
2) No placards on empty fuel tank. Slip tank under 450L Farm plates on truck....now them saying it has to have placards do you also have to carry a transport manifest and residue last contained if empty? how about a TDG?

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was joking!!, I guess I'll delete that part than. Tough crowd, So you don't believe that lightning1000 getting a fine for a improperly routed breakaway cable is nitpicking?

No it isn't nitpicking if the cable wasn't routed properly. Improper routing may cause the breakaway to not work. The cable must be routed in such a way that nothing will impede it's designed function. The cable must be attached to a solid part of your tow vehicle that will remain attached to the vehicle in case the trailer falls off the tow vehicle.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it isn't nitpicking if the cable wasn't routed properly. Improper routing may cause the breakaway to not work. The cable must be routed in such a way that nothing will impede it's designed function. The cable must be attached to a solid part of your tow vehicle that will remain attached to the vehicle in case the trailer falls off the tow vehicle.

how about a "this is how it should be done" and no fine?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

And where was that checkstop at and what were they looking for? Funny don't see one sled trailer pulled over!

Sorry to hijack thread.

Last edited:

snowbaker

Reaction score
Ok guys, we all know how frustrating the weekend was. But please don't punish business owners as this had nothing to do with us really. We all try hard to make a living and we sure know how much we depend on you sledders and appreciate your business. :):(

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We recieved 2 warnings both for a slip tank.
1) Slip tank bolted to frame of truck not good enough has to have metal bands that run around tank bolted to truck
2) No placards on empty fuel tank. Slip tank under 450L Farm plates on truck....now them saying it has to have placards do you also have to carry a transport manifest and residue last contained if empty? how about a TDG?

last time i took my tdg if i remember right under 500ltr does not require placards. but could be wrong might be 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom