Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesled

Reaction score
Hey Curtis, we are planning on riding on the weekend of the 25th.Was wondering if there is only one way into the Dixon,dropping in just past the sign.With the way the snow pack is this year I am a little concerned about riding in that way.What do you think?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is also the old traverse thu the trees south of the hill climb

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we tried last year..ddint get to far. but im sure its possible.

that way into the hillclimb should be safe though. its a short pull...yes it is steep but it will be a highway in and out of there.

joesled

Reaction score
Ya, we tried to get through the trees last year.Didn't spend a hole lot of time looking but could not find a way through.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thru that way but that was before the glacier was even closed, iam talking about 1990 ish."god iam old". i doubt i could explain the route. in would think that the elevator should be safe like maxwell said. i would be more concerned with instabilites on the glacier its self.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im coming to Vale next weekend and was just wondering about the trails.....Is it worth bring the 4 place enclosed or are we in 2 place open trailer and sled deck season.... not wanting to run sled on gravel...can we drive up the trails yet?????????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by next weekend you might be driving up.

although at clemina you can drive up 6km and there is a nice turnaround.

however i dont think the snow has melted that far up yet so id be safe and bring the deck

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 place trailers are not a great idea, Later on in the spring, when the steep narrow muddy part dries up, and you can drive up to the 2nd bridge,,, then ok.

2 place open or deck is recommended.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use our 4 place open its really light and just hand bomb it around.

helped a couple guys last year turn around there 4 place enclosed by hand..that wasnt so fun

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry, really not sure about the access right now, although I dont think you can drive up any of them yet. A bit of gravel never hurt a machine......

Looks to have snow'd up top for the last few days. Reports of 9"-12" in Allan all weekend

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im heading to Vale this weekend,, Should be good looks like they are getting some snow..

BD

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, i trying to figure out what to do here i really want to try out the new triton 4 place enc. but now sure about gravel, it doesn't sound like any one is unloading up the trails, no ones giving KM #'s of where there unloading, planning on riding renshaw on sat and allan on sun. theres 3 of us, so far, tryin to figure our if sled deck and 2 place or 4 place enclosed, i know every one is saying go safe deck it but, not to sure hahahaha

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom