Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that guy that brought down that avy in clemina is one of my good buddies bosses... word on the street says that his sleds are now up for sale and he's done sledding after that one. Seems like a bad place to be highmarking this time of year especially with our unstable conditions all season...

Max

Reaction score
Might be a good sled to buy, would just have to get the stain off the seat

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, numbers depending, this Easter Weekend may be our last crack at grooming:(. Last weekends numbers we significantly down.

Allan and Clemina will be groomed up tonight and most likely not again until Saturday evening with the low user numbers we have been seeing.

We are grooming Chappell again this thursday night. This is an excellent area for enjoying the sun and some nice mellow riding. Even if you have not been in the area before, give it a try, it is quite small and easy to navigate. Our Hosts will also be in the area that day, so if you have any questions regarding the area or mountain safety, look for the two brighest ORANGE guys on the mountain.

We are definately into spring riding season. Be careful out there and with all the knowledge of the bad conditions this season, USE YOUR HEAD and stay away from avalanche terrain. Mountains are easliy ridden safely with good judgment and a little bit of knowledge. Please email our office with any questions.

So we will be all set for Easter Weekend. Ride Safe and Ride Smart :)

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
WOW!!!.... That is some scary s#@t.... Shouldn't be climbing that stuff this season... especially this time of year! I bet he was cleaning his shorts after that one! Please everyone, be careful!

Wow, good catch with the video!! I'm thinking it was a good thing for that little guy that was with you (hear him in the backgroud of the footage) to see something like this first hand where no one got hurt.
People just aren't using their brains... Very lucky no one was hurt or even worst.....

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis or Maxwell... any idea where you will be riding on Sat? Couple of us heading down for the Wknd.
Like to hook up and see some new areas, to us, if possible?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis or Maxwell... any idea where you will be riding on Sat? Couple of us heading down for the Wknd.
Like to hook up and see some new areas, to us, if possible?

ill be riding saturday...not exactly sure where...not sure which areas you have been to? id love to show you a new area. also remember not this weekend but the next(maybe) some new areas become available. but as far as new areas...oasis,chappel,westridge,keyole,renshaw,horsey, and blue river which ones ahve you been to.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miledge on friday...:d:beer:

Attachments

• miledgeapr5.jpg
    miledgeapr5.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 43
  • miledgeapr4.jpg
    miledgeapr4.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 34
  • theboyzmiledge.jpg
    theboyzmiledge.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 47

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Friday evening, riding sat and sun with an old friend..
If anyone wants to get together for a ride, lemme know.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, good catch with the video!! I'm thinking it was a good thing for that little guy that was with you (hear him in the backgroud of the footage) to see something like this first hand where no one got hurt.
People just aren't using their brains... Very lucky no one was hurt or even worst.....

Thanks but I do have some regrets about how much attention this video got.
We are getting alot of bad press these days and that certainly was not my intention. Just thought it would be a good thing for fellow mountain riders to see.
Yes it was a good thing for my boy to see it scared the sh!t out of him.
It is something he will never forget and I hope everytime he lines up to take a poke that flashs through his head. Maybe he will take a second to reflect and make sure he is makeing the right decision.

howardtheduck

Reaction score
Hey, my buddies are all doing the family thing this weekend and I'm looking for some guys to ride with in Valemount over easter.

Anyone feeling charitable?

e-mail me hyakimis@cisco.com or cell 780 686-8574

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Blaine,

If it takes some bad press to weed out the dimwits, then so be it. This video will save lives.
I am sure Zacs will show this video in their courses, because it does show many mistakes that, not only the rider, but the others down below have made.
... and the smarts you have from almost "forecasting a disaster"

Anyone who looks at the vid and assumes that all sledders are doing this are not even worth worrying about. Anyone with common sense would know better, or at least you would think they do.

I commend you on your video. Good work.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keeping this fresh

Well, numbers depending, this Easter Weekend may be our last crack at grooming. Last weekends numbers we significantly down.

Allan and Clemina will be groomed up tonight and most likely not again until Saturday evening with the low user numbers we have been seeing.

We are grooming Chappell again this thursday night. This is an excellent area for enjoying the sun and some nice mellow riding. Even if you have not been in the area before, give it a try, it is quite small and easy to navigate. Our Hosts will also be in the area that day, so if you have any questions regarding the area or mountain safety, look for the two brighest ORANGE guys on the mountain.

We are definately into spring riding season. Be careful out there and with all the knowledge of the bad conditions this season, USE YOUR HEAD and stay away from avalanche terrain. Mountains are easliy ridden safely with good judgment and a little bit of knowledge. Please email our office with any questions.

So we will be all set for Easter Weekend. Ride Safe and Ride Smart

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2nd last picture looks like the kitty cat got scared,turned around and left the rider up top.:eek::d. Good pictures guys was that in Renshaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom