no i have a ride there and my sleds there

but no way to get to the hill

and i cant ride the ditch to westridge theres no snow in town

and i dont really want to be bymyself in this avalanche hazard hahahahaha

id be that missing snowmobiler

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chapell for the first time this friday Apr 3. It was socked in for the early morning and sunny for the afternoon. There was about a foot of fresh on top of some old stuff. When you got off the sled the snow was just above the knee in the trees. Great day, great ride, I got back to the truck on vapour even after adding fuel up top. It was over the hood and held to the bar ALL DAY! Who says powder days are done at the end of march? Here are some pics:

Attachments

• April 4 2008 003.jpg
    April 4 2008 003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
  • April 4 2008 006.jpg
    April 4 2008 006.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 40
  • April 4 2008 007.jpg
    April 4 2008 007.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 43
  • April 4 2008 008.jpg
    April 4 2008 008.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 37

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we watched a guy cheat death yesterday. We were standing on the top of Goat ridge bowl enjoying the day and watching some turbos come flying over the top. I looked over a the hill climb and seen a guy taking a poke. I said to my boy those guys shouldn't be on that hill. I took out my camera as the second guy took a stab at. He made it almost to the top when the whole hill let go. He was above the slide all the way down. He got ejected at the bottom. We watched for a couple of minutes and didn't see anyone scrambling so presumed he was ok. We took off over there to make sure all was well and it was. I am glad the guy is ok. I have some pics of before it happened because there were some tracks on there from the day before. I have pics of after. And I have the whole thing on Video. It was a good thing for my boy to see I am sure it scared the sh!t out of him. It was a real eye opener for myself as well I will post the pics later and put the video on youtube. Thankfully as I said the guy wasn't hurt.

sheldon11

Reaction score
Ya that was a massive slide we got there just after it happend you remember us three cats 2 m8s and and a green m7 ad a yellow doo you and your son rode up to the guys right after us and i would like to see the video on youtube when you do post it.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU-vnh5M9s[/media]

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was a massive slide we got there just after it happend you remember us three cats 2 m8s and and a green m7 ad a yellow doo you and your son rode up to the guys right after us and i would like to see the video on youtube when you do post it.
Was that at chappel or allen creek

tapex

Reaction score
Here is a link to the video.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU-vnh5M9s[/media]

WOW!!!.... That is some scary s#@t.... Shouldn't be climbing that stuff this season... especially this time of year! I bet he was cleaning his shorts after that one! Please everyone, be careful!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks to be getting even warmer out there. Riders just have to put the egos away and stay off the hills this spring, we all want to make it home. That fellow was very lucky.

There was good snow around all weekend. Chappell and Allan were excellent with anwhere from 8" to over 1.5' in places. Clemina is a bit more hammered now, but excellent spring conditions

Trails are holding up very well so far and all areas are still accessed from the parking lots and are currently still being groomed.

Play safe out there in this warmer weather !

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chapell for the first time this friday Apr 3. It was socked in for the early morning and sunny for the afternoon. There was about a foot of fresh on top of some old stuff. When you got off the sled the snow was just above the knee in the trees. Great day, great ride, I got back to the truck on vapour even after adding fuel up top. It was over the hood and held to the bar ALL DAY! Who says powder days are done at the end of march? Here are some pics:

I was up there too, and have to say the conditions were awesome. Was riding with 13 others, not sure if it was you Ron mexico, but i rolled up to a few guys chilling out, and couldnt get started again, i new i needed to rejet so i hung out for a bit and did just that. but they offered to help before takin off, thanks for that and then Curtis and Dwayne I beleive rolled up to see if i needed help. Really just want to say thanks to you all for asking.
saturday we headed into Westridge with boards and skis, 3 bowls back awesome riding technical and challenging. We came out after shredding all 3. Not without some carnage thou, a nytro met a tree, an M8 lost the left side ski to a rock high in the second bowl but with some good rope work he rode it out. Tons of untouched pow in there.
peace

scafer53

Reaction score
WOW! looks like there is still plenty of great sledding up there guys!! I wish I could still make it out but its motox time so no more snow for me!!! bummer!
and that was a CRAZY big slide! one word...STUPID! i am gettin sick of this. like that is the only way to describe the ones that still insist on hillclimbing! or retarded, they both come to mind! But have fun, and ride safe guys wish I could be out there!

HIGH ALTITUDE

Reaction score
I agree. It had obviously slid previously on left & right. Was that not where the fatality from january was, off to the right?

Stupidity is giving the sport a bad name.

My wife was very nervous & worried about me going last weekend & now in the future. To keep her mind at ease i told her my season was over.

People i talk to think i am crazy wanting to sled, but i tell them it is only a few morrons that are creating most of the avalanches. Common sense, listen to your gut.

My condolences go out to all of the families that have lost loved ones.

Lets be smart & come home safe. The mountains aren't going anywhere, they will be there next time.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there too, and have to say the conditions were awesome. Was riding with 13 others, not sure if it was you Ron mexico, but i rolled up to a few guys chilling out, and couldnt get started again, i new i needed to rejet so i hung out for a bit and did just that. but they offered to help before takin off, thanks for that and then Curtis and Dwayne I beleive rolled up to see if i needed help. Really just want to say thanks to you all for asking.
saturday we headed into Westridge with boards and skis, 3 bowls back awesome riding technical and challenging. We came out after shredding all 3. Not without some carnage thou, a nytro met a tree, an M8 lost the left side ski to a rock high in the second bowl but with some good rope work he rode it out. Tons of untouched pow in there.
peace

Hey Kore, were you one of the guys who had the ski rack on the side of his sled? At the end of the day i saw a few guys with ski racks on the back of the sled that looked perfect for hauling the ski's. I wanted to come over and check it out as i want to build a rack this summer but we were just pulling out to the hit the road as they were coming down from the top.

It was an awesome afternoon and hope we get one more powder weekend this year......
:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom