Sicamous conditions 2023/2024

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No body rides Sicamous anymore? Not a conditions thread for this year that I could find.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No body rides Sicamous anymore? Not a conditions thread for this year that I could find. I hear the gravel crunching on Owlhead from my yard but is it really that bad?
Text went out in the side-by-side Sunday. He lives in Sicamous. I’m hoping he posts and tells us what he found.??

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Text went out in the side-by-side Sunday. He lives in Sicamous. I’m hoping he posts and tells us what he found.??
He lives in Leslieville Alberta. Moved out of Sicamous a couple years ago but still rides sled out here.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He lives in Leslieville Alberta. Moved out of Sicamous a couple years ago but still rides sled out here.
Lol I saw his post and wildcat photo assumed he was still in Sicamous still. Makes sense Now.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh drew

How did ya miss it lol

Moved to queernell in 2020-21 from damoose, then said fk that place and moved back to Berta in 22 , in the area we used to live

On a side note , went gazering with a group from the rocky atv club , and guess what , there was another xx from morning side

He was as happy as I was to not be the only kitty lol

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An example of snowpack last year vs this year. Not quite the same angle, but close enough.

IMG_5550.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently nobody got the memo that the snow conditions weren’t very good. Blue Lake parking lot completely full today...LOL

Snirt up to about the 2.5km, rest of trail minty. Still pockets of fluffy pow to be had when you go looking. Some guys drove trucks to the 3km parking lot but not necessary at all.

Reactions: GRD

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a ride around yesterday to see what it is like. Not great and the access snow was receding quickly +8. Parking lots still quite full though and quite a few with big trailers riding gravel

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode blue Lake two days ago. Parked at the bottom Snow was good till 3K and then 3 to 6K with lots of rocks. Up top was fully covered snowfall, but didn’t soften any tracks.
We played in old growth below the cabin and burned all our gas in a few hours
Went to Eagles and the ice layer there is death defying if you want to go anywhere big
IMG_4824.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess we are just spoiled and fussy living here cause we think the conditions are ch!t :) Hills are busy with visitors though.Better snow than anything around the cities in Alberta I guess.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess we are just spoiled and fussy living here cause we think the conditions are ch!t :) Hills are busy with visitors though.Better snow than anything around the cities in Alberta I guess.
That’s basically what I posted above without using the word ch!t lol
Been sledding decades in Reviy/moose area and expect way better conditions.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well now you can update to those 25 DS4's and sidehill on concrete like a champ:)

We rode 2+ feet of untracked fresh on Wednesday. No concrete. Hit the exact spot an isolated storm dumped.
Blue lake parking/trail on Thursday however was a mess.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode 2+ feet of untracked fresh on Wednesday. No concrete. Hit the exact spot an isolated storm dumped.
Blue lake parking/trail on Thursday however was a mess.
Gotta be ready this year it seems Things can change quickly day to day. It's a mud pit down at hunters staging and those south facing trails are taking a beating in the sun

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it they got the rain on Wednesday overnight as well. Any one been out to confirm?

Top Bottom