Hunters Range 2023 - 2024

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching the weather. Looks like above zero in the Alpine with 30 to 60 K winds. The mountains will be like a melted ice cream pail thrown back in the freezer when this ends.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing lightly at my house all day today! It is 0º, so it's only kinda sticking. Has been -3ºish for the last 2 days in the alpine, so fortunately not rain. Forecast is similar temps and a little bit of precip each day this week. Not the reset we need, but a start in the right direction at least.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when the snow sucks, kick it in the face and get out and enjoy the friends the laugh and stories.
A day in the hills still beats a day behind the key board with your internet buddies.
Sunday Feb4......OOoops, BTW, not Hunters but some where in the beautiful Manashees.
E1B9859F-1C7D-4F8A-AC03-E08AD48D4594.jpeg

FFF96EBF-2D25-48F9-99C6-49B0D01F5C44.jpeg
46173876-C2B8-4465-B029-8598876D7821.jpeg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know, it was bad after some of the younger boys decided to load it up with green limbs. Flamed up real good for 3-4min then smoked us out hahaha.

I meant the sleds, all 2 strokes i see. The fire is pretty sad there too though haha

Looks like a fun day. When the snow sucks perfect time for a fire.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant the sleds, all 2 strokes i see. The fire is pretty sad there too though haha

Looks like a fun day. When the snow sucks perfect time for a fire.
Yep, it was a 2smoke day LOL, mother nature fought back with the fire but we eventually prevailed once we got control of the young bucks with the green stuff.
It was a great time for sure.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, will be shredding for the next three days covering 3 different zones. Should be good or decent..LOL for what it is.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, don't be fooled. It's still rock hard 12" under the surface.
I'll take that 12", last Sunday was only about 3-4" on concrete.
Was in Eagles on Tuesday and the snow is worst, talked to a couple guys that were out at Frisby and said it was even worst then Eagles.
It appears the further up the corridor the worst the snow is.
So staying in the southern zones and work #6, tomorrow Park and Pinnacles Saturday or Sunday. May hit Cook though on Saturday.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Borch throttle?
Pretty good. Second sled I've installed one on.
My only complaint would be the heater fails. The solder cracks where the wire attaches to the heater film. It's a diy repair, but not as robust a connection as the factory one.

Last edited:

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take that 12", last Sunday was only about 3-4" on concrete.
Was in Eagles on Tuesday and the snow is worst, talked to a couple guys that were out at Frisby and said it was even worst then Eagles.
It appears the further up the corridor the worst the snow is.
So staying in the southern zones and work #6, tomorrow Park and Pinnacles Saturday or Sunday. May hit Cook though on Saturday.
how's the Pinnacles this season? thinking of heading that way on Friday.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how's the Pinnacles this season? thinking of heading that way on Friday.
Well never made it there, got home about 3hrs ago after spending a good part of the day in Vernon Jubilee with a torn hamstring, Yesterday in Cook. My season has ended, waiting to see the surgeon on Wednesday.
But Cook was good, we found areas with 18-20" but on average 12" on that hard ch!t. Thus the culprit on the torn hamstring.
Be careful out there.

Top Bottom