Hunters Range 2023 - 2024

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well never made it there, got home about 3hrs ago after spending a good part of the day in Vernon Jubilee with a torn hamstring, Yesterday in Cook. My season has ended, waiting to see the surgeon on Wednesday.
But Cook was good, we found areas with 18-20" but on average 12" on that hard ch!t. Thus the culprit on the torn hamstring.
Be careful out there.
BTW, we are seeing snow today and tomorrow and possibly during the week. According to enviro Canada the Okanagan sits in around 80% of it snow pack, while the rest of BC is 60 and even 40% of its snow pack. So the riding is descent except that dangerous ice shell under the pow.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well never made it there, got home about 3hrs ago after spending a good part of the day in Vernon Jubilee with a torn hamstring, Yesterday in Cook. My season has ended, waiting to see the surgeon on Wednesday.
But Cook was good, we found areas with 18-20" but on average 12" on that hard ch!t. Thus the culprit on the torn hamstring.
Be careful out there.
Shitty about the hamstring. I ripped shoulder muscles this time last year, and it ended my season as well. Hope ya heal quickly.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty about the hamstring. I ripped shoulder muscles this time last year, and it ended my season as well. Hope ya heal quickly.
Ya that snow is extremely deceiving, rode most of the day and around 1:30 I proceeded off a side hill reverse foot forward position and my other foot at the toe caught enough snow to get into the icy shell under the pow somehow. Anyhow that foot stayed while my other kept going with the sled.
Needless to say I felt the popping in the back of my leg and pain was enough to make me feel ill and dizzy.
After a while of laying there and having 1600mg of Advil in me, we manage to get back on the trail sitting the whole time. I was just about ready to call a huey if it was going to be undoable. Thanks to good friends and a Salmon Arm unknown rider for all the help, wish I would had gotten his name and number, the type of guy I would ride with.
pm me if you happen to read this.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went up today for a look see. 30-45 cm just south of the main Chalet. The 45cm was wind blown and the depth was 245 cm.
Very foggy most of the day. One sled length in front of the sled in some of the open places. Didn’t burn off but tomorrow is going to be stellar.
Trail is great (Brash is quite good after 3 km marker) and the staging area is snow covered. With the sunshine forecast for the coming 5 days that may change.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Foggy and older people don’t like each other. Trouble seeing and reflexes are a little slower adjusting to the surprises. Sure do love my deck....
IMG_8901.jpg IMG_8900.jpg
IMG_8904.jpg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful out there.
Sorry to hear that. Heal well and quickly but take the time to do it right to avoid future problems.
I am finally healed up enough from surgery and ready for first ride of year so was just about to contact you for that ride we messaged about.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ya that snow is extremely deceiving, rode most of the day and around 1:30 I proceeded off a side hill reverse foot forward position and my other foot at the toe caught enough snow to get into the icy shell under the pow somehow. Anyhow that foot stayed while my other kept going with the sled.
Needless to say I felt the popping in the back of my leg and pain was enough to make me feel ill and dizzy.
After a while of laying there and having 1600mg of Advil in me, we manage to get back on the trail sitting the whole time. I was just about ready to call a huey if it was going to be undoable. Thanks to good friends and a Salmon Arm unknown rider for all the help, wish I would had gotten his name and number, the type of guy I would ride with.
pm me if you happen to read this.
Hope your OK, good to be riding with a decent group or peeps that will help you get of the hill .

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Heal well and quickly but take the time to do it right to avoid future problems.
I am finally healed up enough from surgery and ready for first ride of year so was just about to contact you for that ride we messaged about.
Ya, it sucks but them are the risk and cards I've been dealt with.
I may get lucky and get a late spring season ride in but that's a stretch considering this already poor season.
Can always look towards next season.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope your OK, good to be riding with a decent group or peeps that will help you get of the hill .
Thanks Ron
Yes, it is. Pretty much all the different groups I ride with are really good on taking care of each other, I guess I have been pretty lucky that way.
Hotshotharry and his gang were on their way this week to ride some of my secrete zones but this put a damper on plans.
2024 season is now a BUST, LOL.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron
Yes, it is. Pretty much all the different groups I ride with are really good on taking care of each other, I guess I have been pretty lucky that way.
Hotshotharry and his gang were on their way this week to ride some of my secrete zones but this put a damper on plans.
Just send them your GPS tracks and I'm sure they'll be fine :ROFLMAO:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually told them that, said take my GPS and go, the tracks are all in.
But they decided to change the plans instead.
That's a pretty decent offer, most guys have those under lock and key.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron
That's chitty Mike, Karen will have a sad

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty decent offer, most guys have those under lock and key.
Well Hotshotharry, is a real good friend that I trust 100%, we are not just sledding buddies and the group are all great guys that I have rode with many times.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's chitty Mike, Karen will have a sad

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Yep, she was sad when I got home, she was going to ride Sunday, but spent it at the hospital instead, her season is screwed too now.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Janz video, I ran into him and the swedes about 3weeks ago in Owlshead where this was filmed. Cool guy, good riders.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I sit at work looking out at a bluebird day awaiting Doug's latest conditions report. I heard a rumor he was up at Hunters today.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As I sit at work looking out at a bluebird day awaiting Doug's latest conditions report. I heard a rumor he was up at Hunters today.
Here ya’ go bud.....
What a difference sunshine makes. It was Hunters’ in glory land.
Learned a new trick today; the grooming report had Brash and Ashton groomed on the same night. Yesterday, Hunters’ was pretty rough. Today’s crowd went up Brash so we rode Ashton today and it was like a highway and it had great snow coverage.
Bev was a little sore today after a fall Sunday evening so I took it easy on her and we were careful but it sure was tempting to hit the many untouched lines sitting waiting to be tracked up. The snow is awesome and traction is great.
Didn’t probe today as nothing changed from yesterday; so 245 total cm with 30-45 cm of fresh. Wind blown areas are deep.

IMG_8905.jpg IMG_8906.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg
IMG_8908.jpg
Cut blocks are still suspect as the snow pack isn’t near normal yet.

Top Bottom