Canadians with EVs drive more than ICE drivers

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blatantly dishonest headline. Second line in the article says EV's are #3 behind two forms of ICE vehicles.

Oh passenger cars drive less than highway tractors?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
922a61d08772c56e595a70dc5b0c1c9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, i agree a charge somewhere between Monarch and revelstoke! but you need to fill up in monarch do you not? and likely again in Revelstoke, unless i'm missing something? and are you using summer or winter charge times? the way you seem to think my f150 doesn't need to add fuel at all? and we both know that is BS! same as you don't need to fill up leaving or upon arrival!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you leave for a 6 hour drive with an empty gas tank? He plugs in the car at home, and you don't have to sit there and watch it charge.

Before I head to Revy in my truck, I have to get gas first usually.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you leave for a 6 hour drive with an empty gas tank? He plugs in the car at home, and you don't have to sit there and watch it charge.

Before I head to Revy in my truck, I have to get gas first usually.
exactly, but according to his logic, i can fill my truck before leaving with my yard gas tank and it doesn't count as a fill up? no matter if he fills up at home or fills up at super station it's still a fill up! can only assume the home recharge takes what 8-12hrs, on a home 220-240 tesla wall plug? close to 40hrs on a standard wall plug-in! who got time for that?
Guess i may need to brush up on the Tru-d math as it seems to be the way to the future?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly, but according to his logic, i can fill my truck before leaving with my yard gas tank! no matter if he fills up at home or fills up at super station it's still a fill up! unless i need to do Tru-d math?

Ok?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure!

1hr of home tesla super charger gets you roughly 70km of drive time
a 120 house plugin will take 40hrs to fully charge. ha

not a long range driver by any means! shorter trips yup

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure!

1hr of home tesla super charger gets you roughly 70km of drive time
a 120 house plugin will take 40hrs to fully charge. ha

not a long range driver by any means! shorter trips yup
So if you had to stop 2 times on a 6 hour drive for 10 minutes each time you would say that the trip is not possible?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why plug into a 240v plug !? at home when they have those fancy 2 amp usb plugs now!;
Ha! Yup?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you had to stop 2 times on a 6 hour drive for 10 minutes each time you would say that the trip is not possible?
Now why would you need to stop twice on a 600 km trip? :dunno: i have no need to stop for 850kms! close to 3500km if i fill the slip tank, bet that might make your bladder explode? EV, not for me, i usually need to get somewhere on time limit, interesting your battery charge is getting shorter all the time though. interesting Tesla says might take 30-40 minutes on supercharger for a full charge, Plus the time it takes to charge at home on a 120 volt plug in, looking like up to 40 hrs.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV niche is shorter trips, long trips possible, practical not so much!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it's an electric! no gas breaks required! just a long extension cord! ha.

Top Bottom