Hunters Range 2023 - 2024

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one on here ride up from Swansea lately? Wondering how beat the trail is.
Uhhhh , I can only imagine the wooped up chit that be

Unless that guy at 6 mile still had that little pull groomer

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya he works with my son. Still has it but not sure if he is around with the crap snow. Good time to do something else. Funny I see reports from deadmonton area guys about fluffy snow out here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Was thinking of going to see but don't feel like driving down to staging area. Likely worth it for the back though

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent by a riding pale, yesterday, about 12” on a soft base, was good and untracked.
Some coming this week, should be good for main riding zones.
F869446B-3643-4082-9293-C1F385DCCB44.jpeg

I’m still laid up but getting stronger every day.

vernon

Reaction score
Hunters was surprisingly good today 12-16inches and snowing hard at times Downside is it was 9 deg at the truck when we got back, a lot of the trail disappeared and turned to mud.Theres a sled in that tre well somewhere 8 k on Ashton for parking

Attachments

• IMG_3914.jpg
    IMG_3914.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8415.jpg
    IMG_8415.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 106

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was ok up there today. Frozen mud and ice ruts up to unloading at 5 to 6 km and then hard ice trails to get up to softer snow and better sled cooling conditions at about 14km. The smell of hyfax was in the air.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, It dumped last night in the valley and up top last night. Everyone was hopeful of a good day, but early this morning it turned to freezing rain up high and there is a major ice layer on top of the fresh. Some places it's up to 3/8" thick! It's practically unrideable. Hurts your legs to sidehill. I damaged a panel from it. We tried several different spots on different aspects; it's everywhere.
Really unfortunate since we found 2' of fresh underneath in some spots. Seems wherever the snow is deepest, the ice is the thickest.
Its worse than the melt freeze from two weeks ago. Really discouraging.
Make sure the sound is on for the vid.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats dissapointing It was actually pretty good yesterday. Probed 250cm where we were near communication tower and it was soft with a hard layer about 50 cm depth. Didn't go up to GS area.
Figured it would be really good with this snow. Sounds ugly:cautious: What elevation you hit the ice layer.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats dissapointing It was actually pretty good yesterday. Probed 250cm where we were near communication tower and it was soft with a hard layer about 50 cm depth. Didn't go up to GS area.
Figured it would be really good with this snow. Sounds ugly:cautious: What elevation you hit the ice layer.
Us, and everyone we ran into were pretty surprised and disappointed.
Started around 1200m and was pretty thick by 1500m. It's pretty variable though.
Right in front of GS it was maybe 1/8" thick, but only 6" of fresh underneath. Zero vis. Ran into several other groups and they all said the same. One guy came up Cooke and said 3/8" of ice on top of the fresh groom.
Snow was completely off the trees at 12km on brash by the clearcuts. Just this spot; seems like a weird inversion and a warm wind came up the valley. -5º at my house this morning and didn't hit 1º until about 2:00pm. I'm thinking this all happened at 6-8am.

Last edited:
Top Bottom