New 2023/24 Cataract Creek snow and riding conditions

rideon

Reaction score
It is a cash grab they created to create money to maintain kananaskis trails etc. In summer you will see small cars driving around upper lakes or anywhere within the kananaskis scanning your license plate or paper copies on dash. Google it for more accurate details and locations.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Im fine with it. All you had to do is drive through the parks and use the facilities to see the old way wasn’t working. All the picnic areas overtaken by new Canadians trying to make the great outdoors look like their home country. Litter everywhere. Garbage cans overflowing, toilets were disgusting, diapers floating in the River. Better to chit in the woods with the bears. It has improved a fair bit since the pass hit the fan. Weeded out the losers and the facilities are better taken care of. Less loud parties in the campgrounds. As a person that spends $400 everytime I take one of my kids to a Flames game I’m fine paying $90 to actually see the great outdoors for my 30 nights in Kananaskis country every summer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont matter much to me cause i always drive right past it. Can actually use the mountains in BC for fun stuff and now they want you to pay to go hike in K-country with the United nations. Ya fk that lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont matter much to me cause i always drive right past it. Can actually use the mountains in BC for fun stuff and now they want you to pay to go hike in K-country with the United nations. Ya fk that lol
You got the United Nations right. And white people think they are the minority in NE Calgary. Those guys have nothing on Kananaskis

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot to mention the 3km of cars parked on the side of the road at all the hiking areas now.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
🍺

Attachments

• IMG-20240407-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0041.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20240407-084528.png
    Screenshot_20240407-084528.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20240407-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0038.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20240407-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20240407-WA0034.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 113

Thejoe

Reaction score
Actually Im fine with it. All you had to do is drive through the parks and use the facilities to see the old way wasn’t working. All the picnic areas overtaken by new Canadians trying to make the great outdoors look like their home country. Litter everywhere. Garbage cans overflowing, toilets were disgusting, diapers floating in the River. Better to chit in the woods with the bears. It has improved a fair bit since the pass hit the fan. Weeded out the losers and the facilities are better taken care of. Less loud parties in the campgrounds. As a person that spends $400 everytime I take one of my kids to a Flames game I’m fine paying $90 to actually see the great outdoors for my 30 nights in Kananaskis country every summer.
Gimme a break. You think any of these "new canadians" give AF about the pass? They will claim ignorance and the NDP CO's will let them off every time. It's everyone else they are targeting.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gimme a break. You think any of these "new canadians" give AF about the pass? They will claim ignorance and the NDP CO's will let them off every time. It's everyone else they are targeting.
Ya think? You have proof?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When was the last time you spent a week exploring the area ? I agree with Snopro it has been much better out there.

Sledder_boarder

Reaction score
The bottom areas of cataract are getting bad. Lower Raspberry is pretty low and bumpy. I don't want anyone to think it's better than it is. If you're dying for a final day you could probably snag one early this week but I think that's about it. I'd be up for a golden trip if it was still good but I think my sled needs a once over and clutch cleaning. I think it's over for me

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went out on Saturday and had a great day, snow was better in the morning we were the first ones in the back and nobody had been back there. We had fresh lines all day, and what a blue bird day no wind it was! :cool:

Top Bottom